slice of my life

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt, July 18th

These are all mixed up chronologically, but I am late enough as it is. Today's theme is ROCKS. I went with a literal, concrete term, and pulled out many from my files. My rock collage:
When we took our spring 2008 Girl Scout trip, we crossed the Paluxy River during our breakfast time. On the rocks!
Here's our B on a rock in the river. Look how long her hair was!!
The year before that, we took our Girl Scouts to . . . Natural Bridge Caverns! It was inside some underground rocks. B is the 4th from the right.
This is a honeymoon picture of my Mom's parents. It was 1947, and they are near Fontana Dam, sitting on the rock wall.

This is my Mom by another rock wall in East Tennessee, circa 1950.

I took a trip to the Grand Teton National Park with the church youth group. These are the biggest rocks!! This is Jenny Lake. IT IS SO PRETTY THERE!!

These are the rocks on the seawall in Galveston, TX. On the rocks are my hubby and my two kids. They were 2 and a half and 5 and a half in 2001.

This last pic is my college friend and I near a rock riverbank. I think this is at Camp Hensel.

I hope you enjoyed my rocks! Check out more rocks at TNChick's website---follow the comment links.
Next week's theme is Utensils. I may not get to it---I'll be going to my Mom's to be there after her surgery, which happens on Saturday. I didn't even know they scheduled surgeries on Saturdays!!
Everyone have a great week! Hi Kelly!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home