slice of my life

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

reviews

I ate at Yum Yum's this evening. It's a new restaurant in the old Oxford Street location. The parents of one on the girls on B's softball team runs it. It was de-licious!! Twice I caught myself saying "Yum!" Try it out---the buffet had many choices, and everything I ate was great---really! Here's what we saw tonight:
baked chicken
stuffed peppers
stuffed pasta shells
chicken noodle casserole (J got seconds of this)
rolls
squash/zucchini with tomato sauce
green beans
salad bar

I can't remember much more. The Mom who runs the place made us a cake for the team. Yea for the Banana Splits!! It was a good year.

We saw "Night at the Museum"---Smithsonian version a few nights ago. If you liked the first one, you'll like the second one, too. It was fun and witty in parts, and enjoyable. No Oscar nominations, I'd guess, but fun for the family.

B and I saw "Up" in 3D, and it was worth praising. I was surprised that the characters didn't annoy me like some animated (and live action!) characters do. The dogs were really funny; I enjoyed the vocalization of doggy traits---it seemed right on. The little boy was very sweet and not smart aleck-y. And the way they told about the man, it was very touching. B and I saw it the night after Diane's funeral (if you know her), and it was almost too much emotionally! But I'd enjoy watching it again---and that's saying something. I have fallen asleep in the theater during many kids' movies---"Monsters vs. Aliens," "The Tale of Despereaux" (the first time, but not the second $1 time??), "Cars." Sometimes, it just feels so predictable, I can't help using my time wisely and taking advantage of the dark and sitting still. It's usually just a 15 minute power nap! ;-)

Leave me a comment if you've seen these films or gone to Yum Yum's!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I've seen both movies and agree with you.

    Up really touched me. While being promoted as a kids' movie, I truly think it was made with the parents in mind. It was sad, it was sweet. It was wonderful.

    By Blogger D..., at Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:44:00 AM  

  • I think you're not sleeping well enough if you fell asleep during Despareaux. I've wanted to see Up maybe this weekend or later. PAinting the lausry room today. Dad's helping!!
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, June 12, 2009 11:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home