slice of my life

Monday, April 27, 2009

A&M vet school and "stuff"

Saturday at 4:16 a.m., I was awake! We had a BIG storm rollling through, and I couldn't sleep until I knew it passed. Our part of the county got 4 to 6 INCHES OF RAIN! It was exactly the kind of rain burst we got when our house flooded two years ago. I was awake from about 3:30 to 5 a.m. that morning. Which made the day that much harder. I was praying at 4:16 a.m.

At 4:16 p.m., I was sitting at the A&M Vet School, waiting on parents to pick up their scouts. We had ten of our Girl Scouts attend this event from 8 a.m. to 3. I enjoyed seeing the room full of animal bones, the Large Animal Clinic (and the giant rooms and equipment for bovines and equines), and the petting zoo.
This is Teddy Bear Surgery. B's bear is there, getting his bottom sewed up after he fell on his roller blades. B left to go to an Aggie softball game where their team was hosted by the Aggie team, so she couldn't miss that. But her friend took in her bear, who had an actual tear in his bottom. :-)
Blue Bell Ice cream sandwich after watching the milking demonstration.
Here, B is feeling actual lungs inflate. Kinda cool and weird and yucky at the same time, all the girls agreed.
Sunday at 4:16 I was driving up to the library and we took Flat Ethan's picture by the big bell. It's a treat for kids to ring that bell when they come to the library, and they're welcome to anytime. It is LOUD, and B chose not to.
Today at 4:16, I was driving in my neighborhood toward home. It was raining lightly, and we had just come home with bacon especially for the TAKS test morning tomorrow.
Yes, the TAKS test is this week, and my kids are taking the same ones as each other again: Math tomorrow and Reading Wednesday.
B can wear a pair of my dressy Sunday shoes. How can this be possible? They fit perfectly.
Today is my daughter's BFF's birthday. She caught up to her again---they're both 10. Happy B-day A! and M.A., and Barbara W. :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home