slice of my life

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Larry says I didn't explain what "my minute" was on my first post about this! oops! It corresponds to my birthday---April 16th is 4:16. Here's my 4:16 wrap up of the week---what I can remember.

3-22 Sunday: I had just sat down at the computer

3-23 Monday

3-24 Tuesday: in a teacher's meeting about our Stanford Achievement Test we're giving next week

3-25 Wednesday: at a Girls Scout meeting, listening to a talk about gemstones---specifically, my birthstone

3-26 Thursday: in the car at SW Parkway and the bypass

3-27 Friday: in the car, at the corner of Russel and Texas

3-28 Saturday: sitting at the computer with B, looking at Internet sites about Cynthia Ann Parker.

The lesson here is that I should blog this much more frequently! I don't remember for very long what it was I was doing!

This week really scrambled together, though. I was very dizzy on Tuesday, and I just didn't know why. I figured it was inner ear. But it turns out it was high blood pressure! I went to doctor and got on a medication for it---this is the first time for me to be on something like this full time. I was really scared because I had never seen my blood pressure so high. I wasn't sure how high it would be to go to the emergency room immediately. Was this dizziness a pre-cursor to a stroke? Was I going to blow my top?

Here are my changes I should make:
* cut the caffeine
* lose 10 lbs.
* exercise
* not get stressed ??

I am somewhat worried about this still, although I have felt better since taking the medicine. Or maybe it's because I haven't had a caffeinated drink since Tuesday. The doctor will check me again in 2 weeks.

I'm a real worrywart, but I'm trying to replace my worry with praying and action.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I was wondering about 4:16. I thought it might be the minute of your birth. I was close!

    Gosh, I am so sorry about the high blood pressure but so thankful you caught it in time. I wouldn't have associated dizziness with high bp. I'm sure the medication will work. I guess I should cut out the caffeine and lose 10 lbs. also. Ugh. It's hard being a woman but we must take care of our hearts. The not getting stressed? Now, how does that work?!

    Worry is counterproductive. And it's rich me telling you that because I'm an A class worrier! But prayer and PROaction are the best replacement. Please take care of yourself! So happy you are feeling better.

    By Blogger D..., at Sunday, March 29, 2009 12:29:00 PM  

  • I recently got put on high blood pressure medicine too. I have been on synthroid for my thyroid for a few years. In Janurary I woke up in the middle of the night with a pressing feeling on my chest. After a trip to the er and overnight it turned out not to be my heart, yea!

    One other thing to add to your list of changes might need to be sodium intake. I read labels all the time. I'll pray for you too. If you start feeling stressed pause for a moment and take a deep breath! :)

    By Blogger Ladykli, at Monday, March 30, 2009 7:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home