slice of my life

Friday, March 13, 2009

4:16

Our family is weird, I know this. And I started many of the crazy ideas. This is one of them.

I say that "my" minute of the day is 4:16p.m. Well, I have two--- the other one is in the morning, and I'm asleep for it. But for the afternoon 4:16, I would tell the kids, "Wait! this is my minute---let me enjoy it!" And I recognize the same for the kids---B's is 9:24, and she's awake for both of them, quite often. J is awake for his morning minute more often than the night one---10:30. Larry doesn't get into this craziness as ofen, but he's awake for both his minutes, very often---8:30.

I was tellling J one afternoon recently about where I was during my minute. I was thinking about posting where I was and what I was doing during the minute. J suggested that I put a timer on my cell phone so I pay attention every day---great idea! Here are my results for the week, 4:16 p.m..

Sunday---inside the public library
Monday---in the car, going to drop off library books, 27th Street
Tuesday---Friends of Cornerstone Meeting (like public school PTO). I was surprised by the alarm. This was the first day for it, and I didn't recognize what it was for right away.
Wednesday---at a Girl Scouts meeting, listening to members of the 4-H talk about horses
Thursday---at Walmart buying seeds (for the Kindergarten)
Friday---at home on the computer. Spring Break has begun!! I'm playing!

I will continue this until I get bored with it. Next week will be more exciting---we'll be on vacation.

I have often thought about "my" numbers in the Bible, too. Maybe one of these verses will have some special meaning to me? Probably not!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I am often awake for my minute at 5:10a and don't want to be awake at that time. Usually I'm driving when the pm version comes along in the day. I miss your daily blogs. I liked this one. Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, March 14, 2009 8:54:00 AM  

  • Huh. I wonder if I have a minute of time? I think that is truly neat that ya'll do!

    By Blogger D..., at Monday, March 16, 2009 12:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home