slice of my life

Saturday, February 14, 2009

More slices of our lives

I wasn't even going to do Photo Hunt today, but instead do a "what's up with us" post. That's long overdue.

I had another thought about GWDG (Growing weary doing good). The Bible verse says
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a
harvest if we do not give up." Galatians6:9

I have always thought that this verse means that if you're asked to do something good, then you ought to be able to handle it because you should not grow weary when you're doing good. You should be able to keep on doing good, and know that God appreciates it, and God will fill you back up again.

I had let myself get very busy and feel obligated to too many things. I was growing VERY weary. My brain was so full of the next activity I had to get ready for that I couldn't really appreciate the now. Oh, brother. Or I was thinking about one part of my life so much that I was forgetting the details of the other parts of my life.

I'm letting go of a few things, and it's been good for my mental health.

On other fronts . . .
B was at a Book Club this morning for the book Harriet the Spy (by Louise Fitzhugh). I didn't get to read it before the club, so I didn't even stay for the club meeting. Although I did have a wonderful tomato sandwich (just what Harriet eats) that the hostess had toasted. B really enjoyed that meeting, and I enjoyed the part of the discussion I got to hear. I know I read that book long ago, but had not remembered much of it.

Yesterday I was off from my school, and it's just what I needed to get caught up on . . . well, nothing is quite caught up, but I did make headway on washing the clothes (but not folding) and getting a big deposit ready for the GS Cookies.

Speaking of that, we worked one more booth yesterday and between 2 girls we sold a total of 89 boxes of cookies. B has 44 boxes unsold, and 13 days left to sell. It's totally possible, but she will not get to the goal she made herself. :-( On the bright side she is over her total for last year. I'll have to see what she wants to do about that.

J is getting ready for Junior Science Bowl, where he is a team captain this year. His school did really well last year, coming in 9th out of 25 with only 6th graders on the team. The competition is sometime in March. He is not involved with any Troupe show right now.

Larry is busy with the Little League Board, LTC drama (at church), Troupe Board, and oh, yeah, Work. His schedule makes Me tired.

We're the family with too much going on!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home