slice of my life

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt, January 10th

This week's theme is aftermath. Besides my first thought about the aftermath of our flooded house (I am so ready to forget about that), and the aftermath of the most recent hurricane (which I don't have pictures of anyway), I thought about the aftermath of the forest fire in Yellowstone. The fire was in 1992 and I visited in 1993.

Here's my shot of the aftermath:
By this point, the underbrush was beginning to grow and the ground was all nice and green. The burned tree trunks were still standing in place. And the good news is, because the trees were not there, and we had some more spectacular views. In the aftermath, the earth benefited, I am told. I wonder if these wildfires are nature's way of replenishing the earth and have been going on for all of time.
For more aftermath pictures or to join in yourself, go to TNChick's website. Next week's theme is hat(s). Come back and see what I find!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home