slice of my life

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's deliciousness

I always try to cook black-eyed peas for a New year's lunch, and I don't remember a year that I didn't eat them. The last couple of years I have made them with some jalapenos and really enjoyed it. This year, I found a recipe on the myrecipes.com website (associated with Southern Living and other magazines). I can't wait to make it tomorrow! I still won't get my children to eat the peas, I'm sure. They're missing out on some good luck!!

Although, you know, B is plenty lucky without any black-eyed peas. I don't know how she does it, but she wins things all the time. The latest was her bike she won in a drawing for having perfect attendance the first semester. (See the first picture in the post below.) That's not even a tardy! But her first win was a blanket in a raffle when she was 2 months old. And shortly after that, a $100 gift certificate to Toys R Us. What's her secret?

But I digress. Here are the delicious (I hope) menu items for January 1, 2009.
  • Black Eyed-Peas with Caramelized Onion and Country Ham
  • Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip with Bagel Chips (from the Betty Crocker website)
  • Basic Cornbread

I hope you all will enjoy your new year and the last few minutes of this one!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home