slice of my life

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'm Walking . . .

Today I walked alone. J is at church camp, along with little sis B. I had gotten used to his company along those neighborhood streets. But my music keeps me company, and often inspires me to walk faster. My years marching to band music always give me the urge to keep my steps in time to the music. It's more so when I was walking at the track. It's smooth, flat and even. Out on the streets, I almost always have a slant to the side. And rocks and sticks to maneuver around.

Here are my musical accompaniments:

If I Fall You're Going Down With Me (Dixie Chicks)
New Year's Day (U2)
Back to You (John Mayer)
Can't Buy Me Love (The Beatles)
If I Needed Someone (The Beatles)
It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over (Lenny Kravitz)
Bali Ha'i (Charlotte Church)
Jesus Take the Wheel (Carrie Underwood)
From My First Moment (Charlotte Church)
Superstition (Stevie Wonder)
Kiss Me (Sixpence None the Richer)

Larry and I were at dinner when that storm popped up over us last night. We were eating out for our 18th anniversary, and I wanted it to be kinda romantic, so we went to the restaurant Larry took me to the night he proposed. Its' Cenare, on University Drive near the A&M campus. He didn't propose there, but under the Century Tree on campus---a traditional spot.

We sat right up front by the windows, so we had a real great view of the wind, rain, and little bit of hail we got in that part of town. The really bad stuff was south of us. We did not see the funnel clouds! Our view was looking east. We waited at the restaurant about an extra half hour for the weather to calm down enough for us to drive in it. Nothing much more to report!

Dinner was yummy---we started with stuffed mushrooms and both had a salad. I ordered the Pollo Carciofi, and Larry had Tortellini Toscana. We finished by sharing a chocolate dipped Cannoli (there's a picture of one from our restaurant on the top of this page!). I really enjoyed eating the delicious food and enjoying my delicious company. I even did the healthy thing---I brought about half of my entree home with me. I can't wait for lunch!

Have a happy day!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home