slice of my life

Friday, May 09, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy Today

  • I forgot I had bought some swiss cheese and I just found it! Yum!
  • Also in the kitchen, I am trying out a recipe in the crock pot, and it smells delicious today. I'll post the reciepe if it tastes good, too. It's called Slow Cooker Lime Garlic Chicken with Rice.
  • Last night I had to look away as my son came in the door---with a Mother's Day present! I can't wait to see this "thing" he picked out.
  • More exciting is that I have a son who is SO differnt from me. I mean, where I am introverted, he's extro-. Where I am short, he's tall. Where I am afraid to rock a boat, he's standing up in the boat and shaking it like crazy. He called in to the local radio station Tuesday morning. He won a pizza for himself, and got in a drawing for a Mother's Day package---a spa trip and a teddy bear. Okay you see where this is going? He won the drawing this morning! Ha! Can you believe that? I told him we'd go pick it up after school today.
  • I paid my money to iteachtexas and I will now begin my 6 months to get done with the coursework. Well, I guess I have to wait for them to open up the program for me, get me on the right track. But it's all in motion now. I even sent a couple of e-mails to ask for some interviews. We'll see . . .:-)
  • Last night J was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. Hooray for him! I "forced" him to write the good things about himself and turn in the application. It can't hurt him! It'll look good on a resume and he'll maybe get some good priveledges around school, too.
  • B had her talent show yesterday, and she and the girls were very cute. They were the last act in the show. I was able to go to the 2nd of her perfoormances, and it was a treat. I will post the little video soon! I know you want to see it. :-)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home