slice of my life

Monday, January 07, 2008

Monday Mutterings

I'm resolving to get back in the blogging habit! I thought being on Christmas break would get me more time to write, but alas, no.

Today I went back to work and B and J went back to school. While Larry didn't get any days off this break except Christmas Day and New Year's day, we had a full 2 weeks of holidays. I much prefer to have more days before Christmas than after, but the kids got out this year on Dec. 21st! There wasn't enough time to do all the fun things I had hoped this year before the excitement of Christmas was over. Oh well!

We did get to go to U Paint It last Thursday. That was so fun even though J and I got done a half hour before B. She likes to take her time!!! She painted a mermaid, J painted a mug and I did a bowl. The store fires them and glazes them and we should get a call sometime soon about them being ready. I'll take pictures then!

Yesterday after church, we bought our new dishwasher. They had to bring it from out of town, so the delivery is Friday, which is my normal day off and convenient for me. I can't wait!! I'll have pictures of that, too. :-) I went with white, and I think it has enough features to make us all happy.

Hope your New Year is starting off well!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • I wish we had a U Paint place or anything similar in the area still. We have a huge void here. Cannot wait to see your projects. Enjoy the new dishwasher.

    Okay, I am begging my pals for a bit of help today and this week. I entered a poetry contest, part of my writing goal, and am asking you pop here: http://wannabeawritersomeday.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-am-entering-poetry-contest-yikes-and.html and if you like what you read, think about following the link at the end of the post and voting for me.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Your pal, Penelope

    By Blogger Unknown, at Monday, January 07, 2008 5:59:00 PM  

  • We have 2 or 3 paint places around here, but I've never been to one. I bet it was fun! Can't wait to see all of your pieces :)

    I got a new dishwasher last year. Yeah for yours! I still love mine!

    I was all ready to get back into blogging too. Then last Thursday, my new laptop died. It has to be mailed off to be repaired, so I'm going to be without it for up to 3-4 weeks. Which was ok, but the next morning, our website server died. It's still down. That's where my blogs are, my recipes, my photos, everything. I feel like I'm so lost without them :( Hope you get your blogging mojo back, and post lots of photos too!

    Have a wonderful week!

    By Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane, at Monday, January 07, 2008 6:05:00 PM  

  • I've never been to U Paint It, but I desperately want to go.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, January 07, 2008 10:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home