slice of my life

Friday, November 23, 2007

Friday's Feast, November 23

The apple pie B and I made for Thanksgiving. Hmmm . . . sounds like post-Thanksgiving breakfast . . .

This week's Feast is hosted by Gattina. She's in Belgium--but born a German, so her blog is always interesting.

Appetizer
Imagine that you are deaf, dumb and insensitive to touch. What other image of happiness could you have?
I still have sight and smell and taste! I might get a lot of happiness from food. I would still be able to read, and watch my children grow.

Soup
Do you collect anything?
This time of year, I am looking for ornaments for my tree that are stars. I hope one day to have enough stars to have one tree with only star ornaments. I also collect red things/cherry things for my kitchen and photos of Texas county courthouses. I have about 70 courthouses in my collection, out of more than 250! I have a long way to go on that one. I am taking those pictures myself, and want to see them all personally.


Salad
When do you start your Christmas?
Today! for decorating, anyway. I feel like you can't decorate before Thanksgiving, but as soon as you're done with the warm glow of Thanksgiving, you can roll right into Christmas. I have some shopping done ahead of that, but it varies a lot from year to year.

Main Course
What would you do if you were in a corner and a snake was staring you down?
Yell for help, first. If no one was around, I'd try to slowly get away, keeping my back to the wall, and an eye on the snake. Most snakes would rather you get away from them, so I hope I could get away without harm!

Dessert
If you were in the library and had gas
I'd try to make no sound at all, but blame it all on the kids. Our library is rarely crowded, so I might not have to do anything but go down an empty aisle!
I just put up a week's pictures on my photo blog. I hope you'll come see those and comment there as well.
Happy Holidays!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home