slice of my life

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt, November 17

Today's theme is I love _________.

I am filling in the blank like this: I love teaching preschoolers.
This is on our "Fall Party" day. I didn't take it, either, obviously, since that's me sitting there in the picture! ;-) I had a college student observing that day who took pictures for me. I'm in costume---bits and pieces of costumes. I have a vet shirt on, a colorful apron, a "graduation hat" as the kids called it, and some Halloween socks.

I have been teaching preschoolers since I got out of college---right before I got pregnant with J. He's 12 now, so it's been a long time! I have taught at church Mother's Day Outs this whole time, and for the most part, it's been a two-day-a-week thing. I taught for three days a week for three years and now this year it's 4 days a week. I like the creativity that I get to use when I'm with the kids, and now I have so much experience, I know how to manage my classroom easily. The kids are great at this age, ready to learn, and I get to introduce so many new things to them. I'm getting them ready for their next steps---reading, Kindergarten, and being more independent.

The obvious "I love . . . " subjects would be my family! You can see images of them on my posts below.

Next week's theme is Hot. My post will have nothing to do with Paris Hilton.

Check out Photo Hunters!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home