slice of my life

Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday's Feast, November 16th



This is a food Kyle Field---home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies!

This was a wedding cake of some kind I got in an e-mail a long time ago. I should have posted this next Friday when 80,000 people will be there, but I couldn't wait. Larry will be there working---ushering down on the track, near the visitor's stands.

On to the feast . . .

Appetizer
What was your first “real” job?
I worked at Kroger in the non-foods department---videos, money orders,

Soup
Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?
A craft store, I guess! All the items in there always make me think, "Wouldn't it be fun to try that?" Now for like life-changing creativity, some kind of spiritual awakening, I have always thought Italy would spark me. Like the countryside of Tuscany, just for the views and the peace there, and the cites for amazing works of art by Leonardo da Vinci.

Salad
Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when…
My kids misbehave!

Main Course
What values did your parents instill in you?
That's like a book of information! (The pressure is on---I know my Mom will read this!)
I first think about how I was always told I could do anything I set my mind to. Later, I realized there are things I probably couldn't ever do---but maybe just because I am not motivated in me to do those certain things. Of course, I was taught to be honest and fair and hard working. But after talking to Mom, I think some of this (like wanting to make good grades) is just in my genetic makeup! ;-) Mom and Dad were involved with local politics, so we were taught the value of our right to vote and the idea that we could go and make a change if we tried. We were taught to listen to all kinds of music, and to value making our own music. I think we (I keep saying we, since I can't think about my own childhood without my sister) were taught that people are more important than things. That spending time together is more fun and more important than making the house spotless (although now I have a cluttered house!).

Dessert
Name 3 fads from your teenage years.
Well, . . . big bangs, stirrup pants, parachute pants
(This is me going to senior prom!)
Want more? see this site!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home