slice of my life

Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday's Feast, November 2nd


Appetizer
How much money do you plan to spend this upcoming holiday season?
This is hard to say! I plan on spending about $150 this weekend, though! ;-) B's big present is going to get ordered, plus a couple of other things I've thought of. (I just got my October paycheck, ya see.)

Soup
What was the last television show you watched, and was it good?
I watched E.R. last night and it was okay. I was doing something else at the same time, which means it didn't grab me and keep me totally enthralled!(This is not counting the news shows I was watching this morning while I got the kids ready.)

Salad
If you had to paint the walls of your living room tomorrow, what color would you choose?
I'd probably pick a mossy green.

Main Course
Name something clever or practical you have thought of that should be invented, but hasn’t yet.
I have been talking about a "floating coaster" for many years to Larry! I think this started back when we couldn't put and end table next to a couch where I really needed one. I need a safe place to put a drink, where it'll just float at my convenience. Maybe I'm at a party, sitting on a footstool or in the middle of a couch, and I just need to put my drink someplace. Or at a baby shower---seems like there are always pretty fancy tables around and I don't know if I should set my little punch glass down, or I'm sitting somewhere with no other option but to balance my drink on my plate and try to eat. The floating coaster would be just the perfect solution!

Dessert
List 3 things you would like to receive as gifts this upcoming holiday season.
Hmmm . . . is anyone who is shopping for me reading?
1. A Dishwasher
2. a new cell phone
3. Some Bath and Body works items
Mango Mandarin, Pink Grapefruit, Sugar and Spice, Black Raspberry Vanilla, Wild Honeysuckle, maybe the new Velvet Tuberose! I always use the shower gel, but all that stuff seems like a treat to get.

Go visit other Feasters at Friday's Feast!

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • Oooh I love Bath and Body Works stuff as well!

    The Gobstoppers aren't easy for me to find due to living on a military base in Germany...same with the B&BW stuff, very limited.

    The floating coaster is a fantastic idea!

    Christmas shopping...well, hubby wanted all the 007 movies, I found them on sale. :D Then with the wee one, he'll only be 3 months so I got him a couple of books, figuring the rest of our family and friends will spoil the heck out of him. He's not going to know any different. The ones I make for everyone else are Christmas ornaments that I paint. They are about 15 cents each to buy, so no biggie. :) Toss in some home made cookies and everyone's happy. :)

    ~TheButton

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 02, 2007 10:58:00 AM  

  • LOVE your invention idea!! Would be great for my hubs (no glass rings!) Have a wonderful Friday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 02, 2007 11:16:00 AM  

  • That invention idea is way cool! That would be great:) And I love Bath and Body works too!
    Check out mine too! It’s served already here;
    Friday's Feast
    Happy FF!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 02, 2007 11:36:00 AM  

  • I love the accompanying photos to your FF post!

    By Blogger bonggamom, at Friday, November 02, 2007 11:56:00 AM  

  • great feast! mossy green! that is the color! LOL. I really like that color, it's a soft arming color.

    By Blogger Amanda, at Friday, November 02, 2007 12:17:00 PM  

  • I loved the Nativity Story too. I saw it with my mom and liked it so much I took a friend to see it. It was a little off on a couple of points, in my opinion, but for the most part, it did give me a wonderful insight to how it might have been! Spectacular!
    Thanks for stopping by my feast and commenting!
    Try not to go overboard with your shopping and gift giving. There are other ways to be giving than gifts. I like to give photos in frames of people or their family that I have captured throughout the year....I tend to give more sentimental gifts like this.
    Come by again sometime!!

    By Blogger BeccA's Buzz, at Friday, November 02, 2007 1:04:00 PM  

  • Have some of your salad on some walls in my house. Would love to have your main course!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 02, 2007 4:42:00 PM  

  • hope you get your desserts ... I could use them too.
    I will be reading the Five love languages again to remind me .
    I am a bargain hunter so I don't go overboard.
    I think the Nativity movie sounds like a good one to see.

    By Blogger ♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys, at Friday, November 02, 2007 5:44:00 PM  

  • Interesting main course you have here and happy FF!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 02, 2007 8:46:00 PM  

  • Lovely feast for this week! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    Happy weekend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 02, 2007 9:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home