slice of my life

Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday's Feast, December 7th



Appetizer
What was the last game you purchased?
I bought Apples to Apples Junior last Christmas. I liked the grown-up game so much, I thought we needed the kid's version.

Soup
Name something in which you don’t believe.
This is harder than what I DO believe in! ;-)
I don't really believe anything said by either major party in our political system! I believe (oops! here's what I DO believe sneaking in!) there are so many spin masters for anyone in high ranking positions, that every word coming out of their mouths or in the press is very slanted one way. I think truth is somewhere in the middle.

Salad
If you could choose a celebrity to be your boss, who would you pick?
I think Tom Hanks. He seems like a cool guy with a stable life outside of his career. Plus, seeing as it's the holiday season, he would probably give a great work party. Or George Lucas----so I could get Jamie in on the movie-making career eventually.

Main Course
What was a lesson you had to learn the hard way?
That God will provide. No matter what my bank account is saying. I have to stop worrying---I guess I am still learning this the hard way!

Dessert
Describe your idea of the perfect relaxation room.
I feel like I have answered this one before? The colors are cool, blues, greens and purples. The couches are cushy, covered with soft, white fabric. There are many windows, looking out over the ocean. Tall ceilings, lots of light coming in. Soft music playing and a nice scented candle burning.


Life was hard this week---and expensive. Our car needed repairs worth more than the check Larry just got for working all the football games! :-( My classroom needed changes and we're having to have hard conversations. Just being without the car two days made those two days very hard on me---driving an hour and a half every morning, since our second car is the truck and can only hold 3 people! (The family is four.)
But that stuff is behind me, and I'm on to the weekend. I just need a nap! I think I can get some ordering done for Christmas! I also an excited to go buy one more pair of pants for myself. My check came this week, too, so it's going to happen! ;-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, December 07, 2007 10:14:00 AM  

  • Ok, Lemme re-write this correctly...(Had to erase my other one -- MAJOR typo)

    Great feast, Jenny!

    Going through the main course thing as well... Know what? We can't measure our riches by our bank accounts... Just look at the abundance around us (family and friends) We are truly blessed. But a little padding in the bank helps! :-D)

    Happy Friday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, December 07, 2007 10:17:00 AM  

  • Great feast! I like your soup, I DO believe you are right. :)

    I also like your main course. It's the thought I had when I typed out my main course...only you said it much more eloquently.

    Thanks for commenting on my blog, too. :)

    By Blogger TexasTanya, at Friday, December 07, 2007 12:48:00 PM  

  • Love your soup. It is spot on. I took that same angle to this question. Good luck on the car woes. I so hate that. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

    By Blogger Sandee, at Friday, December 07, 2007 1:21:00 PM  

  • One of the things about politicians is they've got their mind made up and half of their colleagues also have their mind made up... but in a different way. That's how so much of America is. And then certain media outlets takes what politicians say and they spin ever so slightly how they want people to hear it. Very ugly!

    And you know that God blesses the giver who gives with their whole heart... even if it's just the smallest amount that you can give? And He will especially bless the giver who gives when it hurts the most. A wonderful sermon series to spend time in is here if you're interested :)

    Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger Zoooma, at Friday, December 07, 2007 4:46:00 PM  

  • You're the second person I've seen who wants Tom Hanks for a boss! ;)

    By Blogger Fresh Girl, at Friday, December 07, 2007 8:24:00 PM  

  • Great feast - don't you just love Apples to Apples? It's one of my favorites! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Jennifer :-)

    By Blogger Jennifer, at Saturday, December 08, 2007 9:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home