slice of my life

Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday's Feast, November 30th

Appetizer
What is your favorite carnival/amusement park ride?
Hmmm. . . it's been a long time since I really have rode anything. I thought of the water rides first---like one with a big circle boat going down the rapids. What would you call that?

Soup
How do you react in uncomfortable social situations?
With extreme unease! I usually will get sweaty (involuntarily) and try to stay quiet (on purpose)---maybe melt into the woodwork or just not say something really stupid!

Salad
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how much do you enjoy discussing deep, philosophical topics?
I'd say 7 maybe---Larry and I used to discuss a lot more stuff at the beginning of our marriage. I think maybe it's something you have to go through in your early adult life to grow your own ideas about the world. Now we start from a place where we already have some stuff figured out, and we try to find solutions for issues, fitting it into our philosophical framework of right and wrong.

Main Course
Did you get a flu shot this year? If not, do you plan to?
No---but my hubby did. Is it too late to get one? I'm not sure where to go or how much it'll be . . .

Dessert
Approximately how many hours per week do you spend watching television?
Consciously? I probably really pay attention to 7 hours a week, and I passively watch another 7 hours of meaningless drivel. But the TV is on a lot---and my computer is tight here by the TV. so did I "watch" the Fairly Odd Parents while I typed this? I don't want to count that!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • I'm with you on the TV watching. Right now Blue's Clues is on for my boys, but I'm not really watching it. The TVs on a ton but I really only watch it a little :) Great feast!

    By Blogger Kara, at Friday, November 30, 2007 11:03:00 AM  

  • Hey Jenny, thanks for stopping by my feast earlier :)

    Good answers this week. I don't like controversy or sticky social situations either, so I'm with you on those.

    I don't get flu shots anymore, but around here, you can get them at drugstores and grocery stores, in addition to the doctor's offices and clinics. HTH!

    Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!!

    By Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane, at Friday, November 30, 2007 11:33:00 AM  

  • My suggestion was the pharmacies and the grocery stores. They usually charge $20 for one. it is really wise to get one and it is NOT too late.

    Good health to you!!

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, November 30, 2007 3:49:00 PM  

  • I like that ride, too, even though I probably ought not to be riding it. ;)

    You should be able to get a shot at your doctor's office...I'd think your insurance would pay for it, but I guess they're all different.

    By Blogger Fresh Girl, at Friday, November 30, 2007 10:13:00 PM  

  • Your dessert was cute. Found you by way of Fresh Girl.

    By Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee, at Sunday, December 02, 2007 5:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home