slice of my life

Monday, July 09, 2007

Best Shot Monday----Hood County Courthouse



This is my Best shot of the Week, I think!




I have a lot of pictures of this courthouse in the daytime, but nary a one at dusk. It's my hometown courthouse, so I've been hanging around the square around the courthouse since 1982. I like the complimentary colors of the orange and the blue.





I was with the kids on the 4th in Granbury, so here are some more sights we saw:



The Fourth of July Parade



































In the evening, we went down to the square and watched Poppa's band play a concert. His band plays Big Band music.


There was a rain storm that came through in the evening. The sky looked scary, as you can see in a couple of pictures here. But it didn't rain on top of us very much, so the concert went on.




















Here are the guys playing their instruments.






















And then there were fireworks. We stayed downtown and watched from the place where the concert was. I was playing around with the "fireworks" setting on my camera.









This last one was the finale!


Happy Birthday, America!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home