slice of my life

Saturday, July 07, 2007

8 Random Things Meme

I’ve been tagged by Gran at Gran's Memory Keeping Corner.

The idea of this meme is to list 8 Random facts about myself.

Here are the rules, first.
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Random Fact #1
I really do like to roller skate. I roller skated as a child, and my class I taught this past year gave me a pair of skates for a end-of-year present. I am not athletic, but this is something I can do.

Random Fact #2
I got married when I was only 20 years old.

Random Fact #3
I won third place in a science fair in 3rd grade. Number 3 has been my favorite number ever since.

Random Fact #4
I had a wreck when I was pregnant with my son (who's 11 and a half). I was driving on rain-slicked highway through Fort Worth when car came across the lanes in front of me to make a left-side exit (Cherry Street in 1995, if anyone knows Fort Worth back then!). I do not remember the wreck. But eventually we figured out there was even another car involved also. I ended up upside-down on a bridge. Two off duty firefighters came to my rescue and cut me out of my seatbelt and got an ambulance for me. I was only about 6 weeks along in my pregnancy, and they told me at the hospital I would probably lose the baby. I didn't. I think this reinforces the fact that there is a big purpose for my son's life.

Random Fact #5
I love Harry Potter, and I'm reading book 6 right now---Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. This will get me in the flow of the story when the 7th book comes out this month. I think I would fit best in Ravenclaw. I'm excited about the movie coming up this week, too!

Random Fact #6
In high school band I played oboe and marched with a flag three years. I stayed in band all 4 years so I could get a letter jacket. I really enjoyed the marching season. (I am the one on the left---my younger sister was already taller then I was here when I was a senoir and she was a freshman.)

Random Fact #7
I love to put things in Rainbow order----red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. I almost can't help myself if I have a handful of markers, crayons, M&Ms, or whatever.

Random Fact #8
I am someone who has always tried to do her best at school work and now my work. I usually am trying to find the best way or most efficient way to get my job done. I was always getting good grades and doing my work to my best ability. I did this when I worked for Kroger in the video bar/non-food department. I was a really good worker at Taco Bueno during the college years---I loved the fast action of the drive-thru! And now with my classroom of 4-year-olds, I have been doing it a long time and can handle a lot of different situations. I do give it my all when I am there.

Now if only I felt that way about housework . . .

I am supposed to tag some people to do this! I hate putting anyone on the spot, but how about . . .
Jane @ My Many Colored Crayons
Melissa @ Enjoying Life
Sarah @ Sarah Station
Ollie @ Blue Canary in the Outlet By the Light Switch (although I know this particular person just started a new blog where he might put it instead, but I do not know that address. This would definitely count as the writing his mother is requiring this month---11 sentences per day, hint, hint)
Beth @ Beth's Reflections

That's all I want to tag, but feel free to add your own on your blog! Let me know if you do it so I can go check out your 8 Random facts. Thanks!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home