slice of my life

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Graduation and the Sickness

I am getting tired of this!

B's fever came back again this afternoon---102 again! What is up with this??!?! This means she will not be going to school again tomorrow---4 days in a row! I hope that this is the last fever we see. She has had more than 24 hours of antibiotics now, so maybe she will really be better tomorrow. The worst thing is, it's the fun week at school---the last week.

J had his graduation today. He got to leave early, which was our treat for making through the ceremony, the principal said! There were 144 fifth graders graduating and moving on to middle school. This was a long ceremony. A lot of it had to be said twice---once in English, once in Spanish. But it was really nice, and the kids behaved very well. J and I went on to my work from there. B and her Daddy left for home after J walked across the stage, since her medicine was making her stomach hurt. I know we shouldn't have had her out, but I thought for sure the fever was gone and she wasn't doing anything except sitting and watching the kids. We parents just couldn't miss it.

Ya know, I never graduated anything until I got to high school. (Okay, Mom, correct me if I'm wrong!) No preschool graduation, no kindergarten, no elementary school, no junior high graduation, even. I do remember an 8th grade assembly where they told us who got the top two spots, grade wise. Is the world different? Are we making a big deal out of stuff now that was no big deal 25 years ago? Or is it better that we do it this way now? It's a pat on the back for a job well done? I don't know.

But I did enjoy seeing my son graduate---and my little preschool class also! It does bring joy to people! ;-)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • I feel your pain. Since March I don't think we've gone more than 5 days without someone in the house running fever or being on antibiotics (or both)! I hope the sickness leaves you soon!

    By Blogger sarahdawn, at Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:34:00 PM  

  • Isn't it MR INCREDIBLE who says something about all these graduations being a celebration of mediocrity? It's one of those lines in a for kids film that made me giggle...
    Sorry to hear about the illness(es) at your house and I hope everyone soon feels better!

    By Blogger Jenn in Holland, at Sunday, May 27, 2007 7:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home