slice of my life

Friday, May 04, 2007

My life got flipped turned upside down

Maybe the last thing I should do is blog, but I thought I'd write---and inform many people at once! (or a few---who's reading, anyway?)

We will be getting the carpet torn out today, three days of fans and dehumidifiers, and then they'll check everything to see if it has dried out. The we'll come back in.

Last night a friend and co-worker of mine put all of us up for the night. It was very comforting for me, and the kids were all smiles this morning to muffins and the shell game involving cups and the fruit they were supposed to be eating. We all slept in one room, even thought my friend L had it all worked out so the kids would be in another room. We needed to be close to each other, I think.

Tonight, B and I will be in Waco sleeping at the zoo! This is the reward for all those cookie sales. Larry told me, "Don't change your plans, just go." It will be a great trip! This one thing would have been enough to throw me into a tizzy, but I am also packing us up to stay at another friend's duplex. (Thanks, T!) It's empty, so I am looking forward to a sort of "cabin camping" atmosphere. I'm taking a card table, camp chairs, TV, sheets and towels, clothes (do we smell bad, anyone?), my Sonshine School notebooks (lots of work still to be done), a lamp, an alarm clock, etc. This is much more posh than camping! ;-) But no cable/satellite tv for the weekend---we're surviving with board games, knitting, and the DVDs probably.

I thought this was going to be short.

I am getting ready to shut down the computer and unplug everything from the wall. Crazy how scary that seems!! I will be taking pictures and posting---a picture a day when I get around to it on Project 363.

Thanks to all of you with the good wishes and help---I really appreciate it.

Lessons I am learning so far:
God will give me no more than I can handle.
I do not need to have everything figured out----like how in the world the carpet is coming out of here!
I do not need to do any more than I can do.
I have a lot of friends and family standing there with me.
I will pay this forward when I can, but for now, I need to accept people's offers with joy and thanksgiving. I don't need to have this figured out yet either!
God is good--He's on my side---He can carry us through anything.
In the grand scheme of things, this will be a blessing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Ok so you have a few nights worked out and it looks like progress is on it's way. I am going to pray that Texas gets some sort of carpet surplus and suddenly starts having HUGE sales! Or, is there another type of flooring you have been dreaming of? God is good. Are you dreaming of hardwood? I could pray for sales there!

    By Blogger Jane, at Saturday, May 05, 2007 4:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home