slice of my life

Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday's Feast, April 27

Doesn't this look yummy?



Appetizer
How fast can you type?
Not very! Some would hesitate to call it "typing."

Soup
What is your favorite online game?
I like to go to Pogo and play "Tumble Bees." Letters drop down and you use connected letters to make words---the longer the better. They recently changed it, so you can get a spin for a prize more easily, but I like the old version better. It was more of a challenge! If I want to just zone out for a while (not often! not even once a week, nowdays), I will play Free Cell, Sweet Tooth, or Stack 'Em.

Salad
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 as highest), how intelligent do you think you are?
I really think I am at an 8.

Main Course
Name three of your best teachers from your school years.
Mr. Barnes---I took two science classes from him in high school, Anatomy and Physiology and Chem II.
My art teacher in high school (why can I not remember her name!)----lessons I learned in Art I have been applying to all sorts of things all through these years afterwards. I felt confident to take college art, and my calligraphy skills are still usable, and my ability to look at something and see details was all enhanced by her teaching me!
My mind keeps going back to my second grade teacher, Mrs. Smith at Horn Lake Elementary, Mississippi. She was strict, but I remember her singing with us in the bathroom into her hairbrush. She was the only teacher that ever gave me licks (with a wooden paddle). Twice!

Dessert
What are your plans for this upcoming weekend?
Tonight, B has a softball game, and the rest of the evening will be free. Saturday, B and her daddy will go to an Aggie women's softball game---so maybe I will too. I plan on working on my pre-school calss's end of year books a lot. Sunday, there's church, birthday party for B's friend, and church again in the evening. And we get a Monday, too!! I odon't have plans for that yet, but I'll have the kids with me all day, my activities will include them.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home