slice of my life

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt, April 14th


Todays' theme for the hunt is Hobby.
Join in by clicking over to TNChick.
Look at others' take on the theme by clicking on the blogroll.
This is our little B enjoying her newest hobby---knitting. On this little piece, she was learning to purl, and is so pleased with herself. I realized after looking through her Brownie Try-It book, she can earn a Tri-It patch for her new hobby if she will "make time for her hobby" for a week, and do some brainstorming on paper about some other hobbies.

This knitting has been a really rewarding activity for the both of us! I just finished my scarf I was working on, and now I am making a dishcloth from a pattern one of the older ladies at church gave to me. She is sort of famous for those little dishcloths she makes, so I was honored she took the time to write it out for me.

I just updated my photo blog with pictures of my week. It involved tie-dyeing, folding clothes, and trains. Please have a look!

Next week's theme for the Photo Hunt is steps. I could interpret that in many ways!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • That's a hobby I always wanted to try. I hope she works hard and gets that badge!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:03:00 PM  

  • aweee that is so cool you guys can share that! i remember learning to knit as a kid.. well sorta.. I could do a long strand of something..lol Not much else. I guess I could have if I would have went on to learn more. I hope she sticks with it.
    I hope she gets her badge too :)

    By Blogger Tracy S, at Saturday, April 14, 2007 4:04:00 PM  

  • That's a great hobby to have. I learned to knit when I was about 10 or so from my mother. Still knitting 61 years later. I love knitting and watching TV, then I don't feel as if I'm wasting time.
    jmb

    By Blogger jmb, at Saturday, April 14, 2007 4:42:00 PM  

  • That is going to be such a valuable skill for your daughter when she is grown. It must be nice to work together like that while you knit.

    By Blogger Andree, at Saturday, April 14, 2007 5:03:00 PM  

  • I never did learn to knit - I crocheted when it was in vogue. I hope your daughter sticks with it because it certainly is a valuable skill!
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    By Blogger Amazing Gracie, at Monday, April 16, 2007 5:01:00 AM  

  • How nice! It's lovely that your daughter shows interest in knitting. Sadly, I've never learned to knit. Must be a wonderful hobby. Thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home