slice of my life

Thursday, May 03, 2007

update

An update on my disaster---
A Steamatic water damamge estimate guy came out this morning. Apparently, the water got in the house---all the way into the living room! And he thinks we need to take up all the carpet, 592 square feet of carpet on his estimation. I had to cry. I thought like half my bedroom got wet, and now I find out, it's all the way to the front of the house? Is this really happening?

The main issue is the money. How can we make this happen? Can we do this in stages? I'd like to go back in time and just get the FLOOD INSURANCE! Doh!

The good news is, the water did not get in the walls! Thank you, God for that. God will only give you what you can handle! So now I am finally feeling like I CAN handle this. I will figure this out.

It's not like I was flooded like in New Orleans, with the house destroyed. This is one little thing. No one is hurt. Not yet!!! But the house does stink, which means mold, mildew, etc. is already developing. This really is bad, since J and I have allergies.

So if you're a praying person, pray for me. it seems like this shouldn't floor me so, but it does. :-(

3 Comments:

  • Ugh, what a total pain! You're right, it could be worse, but that's not the point. It is bad and you're having to deal with it, pay for it, worry about it, etc. My dad's most favorite saying in the world is "this too, shall pass" and even though I try to remember that during trying times, it doesn't always make it better.

    Speaking of water, he had a toilet overflow, and it got into the hall, 2 guest bedrooms and half the den. From a toilet. They sent out some guys with huge fans, they ripped up the carpet, dried it out, put in new padding and he was fine after about a week. I hope they can get yours up soon before the mold sets in. What a pain though, I know.

    Let us know how it's going...

    By Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane, at Thursday, May 03, 2007 2:53:00 PM  

  • I'll be praying. You were missed this week. I heard more than one of your students say they wished Ms. Jenny was back. I know they will all be glad to see you on Tuesday!

    By Blogger sarahdawn, at Thursday, May 03, 2007 4:31:00 PM  

  • My mom also told me, "this, too, shall pass" Words form teh wise!

    I am planning on going back to school on Tuesday!

    By Blogger jenny, at Friday, May 04, 2007 10:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home