slice of my life

Friday, March 09, 2007

Friday's Feast March 9th

Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?
I usually go to bed around 10:00. But if I get still after about 9, I have been falling asleep this week! That's about right for me----if I get up at 6, like I do on schooldays, from 10 to 6 is 8 hours of sleep, and it seems about right. I probably don't really get a full 8 hours, but I just heard sometime recently that people who live a long time get about 7 hours of sleep a night----not 6, and not 8! Something to think about.

Soup
When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?
I think I give more than receive. But I am not sure about that. Maybe I don't listen a lot, and I think I know what to do better than others! I hope as I am getting older, I am more qualified to give advice.

Salad
Describe a memorable meal you've had.
Recently in my memory, I think about our Sticky Chin's Day meal---we look forward to the ice cream for dinner! I also thought about my meal by the sea---at South Padre Island. I don't remember much about the food, but I remember being in a group of ladies at the beginning of a week of training, but FUN, too. If I had to think about an all-time memorable meal? It's too hard to pick! I remember the setting more than the meal itself. Or the occasion it represented. Burger King on a boat on the Mississippi river on our honeymoon . . . McDonald's in Toronto on that same trip . . . a dinner out the night we got engaged . . . my Mom's graduation dinner (Memphis-style BBQ with slaw on the chopped pork BBQ sandwich---in Fort Worth!) . . . fancy and delicious wedding dinner in downtown Forth Worth for my sister's high school friend (they had a mashed potato bar) . . . there are some really interesting dinners! Sorry I just couldn't go with one.

Main Course
Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.
Memoirs of a Geisha is the first one that pops into my head. I read it last summer, and it has stuck with me a while. I would like to be more well-read, so I am sure there are books that would really affect me in a more profound way. This one helped me think differently about the Geisha system. It really was another world with a completely different set of rules.

Dessert
What is your favorite type of fruit juice?
I really like cranberry juice, and my son is crazy about cran-grape juice. But orange juice is a close second. :-)

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Hi Jenny. I wish I could sleep by 10pm but that's the time I usually start reading my favorite blogs.

    Thanks for sharing your memories and the fun meals you share with people. That's a nice photo.

    I've seen the movie but I haven't read the book. My sister-in-law has read it and she said that it's a very moving story.

    Take care!

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Friday, March 09, 2007 9:48:00 AM  

  • A memorable meal? Christmas dinner 2006. My 2 sons were with me, and their lovely lady partners L and S, and S's sister, and of course my partner The Space Cadet... it's not often we are all together, so sitting down to dinner was a real treat for us all!

    By Blogger Shammickite, at Friday, March 09, 2007 10:53:00 AM  

  • Thanks for the comment! I appreciate you stopping by :) I've been thinking of reading Memiors, now it will be on my summer reading list!

    By Blogger Christina (BookTasty), at Friday, March 09, 2007 3:30:00 PM  

  • Great Friday Feast!
    My feast is served.
    Have a wonderful day!
    TGIF
    *^_^
    (=':'=)
    (")_ (")Š
    Raggedy

    By Blogger Raggedy, at Friday, March 09, 2007 7:39:00 PM  

  • I loved Memoirs! The thing I found most intriguing was that it was written by a man! Amazing that a man could write so realistically about a women's world... I almost picked Oliver Twist as my book. So many good ones to choose from. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 11, 2007 3:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home