slice of my life

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Scatergories theme

Try this Scatergories game you can play yourself! If you do it, leave me a comment.

Rules: Using the THIRD letter of your MIDDLE name, provide a word that describes each phrase.

My letter: I (from my Elizabeth)

Names used in the bible: Isaac
Junk food: Ice cream!
Things that grow: Irises, Imperial Moth
Companies: IBM
Articles of clothing: Inuit parkas
Desserts: ice cream sundae
Car Parts: Ice scraper
Things Found on a Map: Islands
Athletes: Allen Iverson
4-letter words: Iris, ices, inky
Items in a refrigerator: ice, iceberg lettuce, ice cream
Farm Animals: ibex? on an exoitic animals ranch?
Street Names: Indiana Ave. (in my neighborhood), I and GN Road
Things at the beach: incurrents, insects
Colors: inky black
Tools: inclined plane---it's a simple machine, right?
Heroes: Isaac (from the TV show, Heroes!)
Gifts/presents: interesting imitation incense
Terms of endearment: itchy inky insect, you!
Kinds of dances: Indian Rain Dance (very politically incorrect, maybe?), Irish jig

These were really a lot harder than I thought they'd be. I got out the dictionary! I had to!

In other news, B had a rash and a sore throat (tonsils swollen a lot), and I thought, "Strep throat!" So first I googled "tonsils" and "rash" together and came up with a page that said Scarlett Fever. Larry stayed home with her, and I went on to school to teach. Lar took her to her doctor this afternoon, and yes, it was strep throat, and she will be home tomorrow. The bad thing is, I saw the rash on Sunday afternoon (after we'd been selling cookies---I thought it was just from the heat)!! I apologize to all who were in contact with her!! So she went to church and school on Monday. I am sorry all in her class! She is not miserable, but her throat has been bothering her, and she has had no fever. Her temp at the doctor was 98.1. She has been gargling salt water, which probably helped some. I am just really bad at looking at a throat and knowing what I am seeing. It should not be hard---it seems so easy for my Mom? But I look in there and just can't tell anything except the tonsils look big.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • I hope B is feeling better soon. Sam had a bad rash (head to toe) with sore throat a few months ago amd it WAS Scarlett fever. I laughed because that sounds like an old timey disease, but my doctor said it is pretty common (I was just glad he did not have mono again!).

    By Blogger paula, at Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:54:00 AM  

  • I have training! and lots of experience with looking at rashes and things

    Hope B is better. don't let her go back to school too soon it will just come back. Usually has a high fever. but your dad had it with no fever and the doctor said it could not possibly bestrep but guess what it was. Thank goodness for the newer strep tests that only take a few minutes,

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:58:00 PM  

  • Hi! Please drop by my site to learn more on how to participate on the swap. Thanks!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Wednesday, February 28, 2007 7:01:00 PM  

  • So sorry she has strep throat and I hope she feels better soon. Don't rush her back to school :)

    Loved your answers to the Scattergories meme! I played this past weekend and really struggled to come up with some answers to these. You did great!

    By Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane, at Thursday, March 01, 2007 12:40:00 PM  

  • I played the scattegories thing and it got erased while I signed in to gmail.
    Samuel
    salty nuts,
    stomach, savings
    Sprint, Sams club
    sandals,snowshoes
    sherbert
    spare tire, sun visor
    sea
    Sammy Sosa
    sand, seek, sink, sock, sunk
    salad
    sheep
    Sterling Rd, Sixth Ave.
    sun & Sand
    silver & salmon
    sander, spanner
    Sacawagea
    sacks of socks, silly string
    sweetheart sweety-pie
    Swing

    I hope B is whipping that sore throat. Love y'all, Poppa

    By Blogger tubascooternuke, at Friday, March 02, 2007 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home