slice of my life

Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday's Feast, February 16th

Appetizer
What sound, other than the normal ringing, would you like your telephone to make?
Anything funny---I like those ones that sound like kitten meowing. I also like the songs---but I never pay to download anything.

Soup
Describe your usual disposition in meteorological terms (partly cloudy, sunny, stormy, etc.).
I think I'm in general partly cloudy. I couldn't say sunny all the time, but I wouldn't say stormy or even cloudy. I had a really cloudy day---Valentine's Day, for some reason---but I'm back to sunny today. A few clouds stray into my outlook everyonce in a while!

Salad
What specific subject do you feel you know better than any other subjects?
I know how to run a 4-year-old classroom. I am an expert on 4s and 5s. I can predict almost everything that happens in my class. Well, I take that back---they are so unpredictable with their own unique outlooks! :-) But I have more than 10 years of experience with kids that age, and I have a wonderful file system of my own of fun things to do for every letter of the alphabet and every holiday and a lot of pre-school themes. I also am pretty good at maintaining control----but trying to maintain a fun atmosphere. It's all about getting a routine going with them.

I think this may be a book I write someday!

Main Course
Imagine you were given the ability to remember everything you read for one entire day. Which books/magazines/newspapers would you choose to read?
I would read the Bible first. Could I speed read? I'd need a lot of time to just do that one book! Maybe I'd read a Spanish dictionary or a Spanish textbook also. :-) I'm definitely thinking this is all academic learning type books. Know the Bible cover to cover! That would be the best asset to have.

Dessert
If a popular candy maker contacted you to create their next confection, what would it be like and what would you name it?
I'd love to combine white and dark chocolate, pecans, and caramel into a candy bar. It would be called the Jenny Bar. (I know that's lame, but I need to go take a shower!!)

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • Nice feast! I have never heard a kitty meowing and your dessert sounds awesome

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, February 16, 2007 9:58:00 AM  

  • I think The Jenny Bar sounds yummy.
    I take my hat off to anyone who can handle a classroom full of 4th & 5th graders, and make it fun.
    My feast is at:
    http://thememesection.wordpress.com/2007/02/16/friday-feast-february-16th/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 16, 2007 10:09:00 AM  

  • I could go for the Jenny Bar!!!

    Happy dining

    By Blogger Hootin Anni, at Friday, February 16, 2007 10:23:00 AM  

  • I liked your feast. :) The candy bar sounds fun!

    Have a great weekend! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 16, 2007 10:49:00 AM  

  • Great feast!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 16, 2007 12:52:00 PM  

  • I think you are partly sunny! I love the Jenny Bar! Can I have part credit? I did name you

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 16, 2007 2:00:00 PM  

  • Also I always saw you teaching 4s and 5s. You seemed perfect for that age with your art and writing talents.

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 16, 2007 2:01:00 PM  

  • A non-sunny preschool teacher...say it isn't so!

    I think you just need to eat a bit more of the delicious candy bar you dreamed up. It sounds heavenly!

    Blessings-
    Jennifer

    By Blogger Delete, at Friday, February 16, 2007 2:24:00 PM  

  • I love your dessert idea. That's making me hungry right now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 16, 2007 4:38:00 PM  

  • Hi Jenny. I'm fond of funny ring tones too. Before I used to download the latest songs but I haven't done that for a while. Sorry to hear about your 'cloudy' Valentine's Day but glad you're back to having nice sunny days.

    I love your salad. My son is turning 4 on July and I will enroll him in preschool this coming school year. He has been attending 'socialization' classes at The Little Gym since has turned one.

    I read your comment about being ashamed b/c you named your chocolate after yourself and not your kids. That's ok. :) I like the sound of Jenny Bar. Pecans and caramel... yummy.

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. The Chinese New Year must be extra special because you were born on the Year of the Pig. I like having Tikoy because they say its sticky consistency symbolizes unity among the family. Hope you can find some near you. We just put the pig because it's the Year of the Pig. We also have a good luck (waving) cat and a frog with a coin in its mouth placed infront of our door. The frog was given to us by my mother-in-law.

    Kung Hei Fat Choy!

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Saturday, February 17, 2007 2:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home