slice of my life

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt, February 3rd

I got B's permission to post this picture of her. Instead of trying to find something completely gross----it happens here all the time!----I am posting B feeling gross on Thursday night. Her nose is all stopped up, but the fever was making her feel really gross.

I realized I don't typically take pictures of gross things! Now my kids, they do. Open mouths of food, weird faces, stuff I don't want to think about. :-) Lately, it's all about gross sounds around here, and I'll let your imagination run wild with that thought. Sigh. I'm a mom who wishes sometimes she had a little decorum within the happy household.

Oh! I just thought of another picture---
Now, I am more fascinated by this little creature than I am grossed out, but he is kinda gross! He was crawling on the sidewalk near the front door, and crawled onto the leaves under the shrubs. I put my camera on the "close up" setting and took several pictures of him. Sort of looks like a creature from another world!
If you're interested in other photo hunt participants, click here. I always spend a few minutes looking at how other interpret the theme. It's cool! I have a couple of blogs I always check in foreign countries, also, and that is really cool. If you want to see how you can join in, click here. Next week's theme is "Broken" which I think might be easier to find in my set of photos!
Update on B---she is feeling better and finally eating stuff---all foods from the bread group, but we are on our way back to health. However, her temperature is 99.8 this morning. I hope we can go to see Willy Wonka this afternoon!
Have a great Saturday! Ba and I are going to scrapbook a little bit after this episode of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse." That's a great day for me! ;-)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • I'm glad that B is feeling much better and is in the mood to eat. Hope her temperature goes back to normal as well as her appetite. Hope you can see Willy Wonka and have a marvelous time.

    Thanks for sharing these photos. B must have felt gross at that time. I could see the discomfort of being sick on her face.

    That's a fat caterpillar. It's amazing how something like that can transform into something very beautiful.

    Thanks for visiting earlier.

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Saturday, February 03, 2007 9:41:00 AM  

  • Aww, it stinks when your kiddos feel "gross", glad she's feeling alittle better now. Nice take on the theme! I had a hard tmie with this one too!!

    Have a good weekend!

    By Blogger YellowRose, at Saturday, February 03, 2007 6:10:00 PM  

  • Poor B I'm glad she is feeling better. Certainly is a gross feeling when you are sick. Thanks B for sharing your photo with us. The caterpillar on the other hand is lovely to look at but gross to touch. Happy weekend.

    By Blogger Lisa, at Saturday, February 03, 2007 7:14:00 PM  

  • Poor little B looks like she feels terrible. I hate it when the kiddos are sick. Hope she's 100% by now. The caterpiller is gross. The mouth makes my skin crawl.

    By Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen), at Sunday, February 04, 2007 7:32:00 AM  

  • Your poor daughter. Never good to feel gross like that. I hope she's feeling better now and you were able to make it to your show.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    By Blogger Sue, at Sunday, February 04, 2007 8:00:00 AM  

  • poor thing...i hope she feels better...it's gross to feel that way...thanks for the visit at my blog! U have a nice one here and I'm glad to see another Jenny in the blogging world, i bet there's thousands!LoL!

    By Blogger jennyr, at Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:08:00 AM  

  • I'm playing catch up and thanking you for your visit. I'm glad you enjoyed the story of my son and my poor overworked purse!
    ~~~~~~~~
    I am glad that B is feeling better. Kids can be so ill with high fevers and scare us to death, then boom! They're up and at it.
    ~~~~~~~~
    I have a photo just like yours. Every time I decide to plant tomotoes I get a gang of those thugs on my plants. I'm not at all squeamish but I do not like squishing these guys. YUCK.
    ~~~~~~~~
    You have a lovely site!
    ~~~Blessings~~~
    Gracie

    By Blogger Amazing Gracie, at Wednesday, February 07, 2007 7:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home