slice of my life

Friday, January 26, 2007

ABC Homemaking Meme

I got his from DandelionMomma , and I also enjoyed the post at JustEnjoythe Journey. If you know me, you know that Housework is not my favorite thing to do. I am happiest if I am being creative, and the cleaning aspects of housework are not creative! Washing clothes, dusting, cleaning floors, cleaning the bathroom---it's the same every time. Here's my take on the ABCs of Homemaking.

Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
I bought a fruity one with an orange background one time at a teacher's conference when we were doing the Fruit of the Spirit for our school theme. It brings me happy memories, but I hardly ever wear it.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Cookies----I have some excellent recipes!

Clothesline – Y/N?
I had one in our previous house, and I'd like one now, but I think our dogs would think it was entertainment for them. So no.

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Yes, long ago from biscuit dough from a can. After you deep fry them, shake them with some cinnamon and sugar---very good!

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
I guess dinner and dishes, although I try to do a load of laundry every day, too.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No. never have and my parents didn't as I grew up, either, so I don't know what I'd do with one except have MORE Stuff on hand.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
no---but there is a switch for one here. Who would have taken it out and not put another one in?
Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
Flylady.net and All recipes.com and Taste of Home Magazine--such a treat when it arrives in the mail!

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
I hate it, but love the results. Some things are unwearable without it!

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
yes---in the kitchen, but it's specifically for scissors, batteries, can openers, toothpicks, twist ties, and paint brushes. I don't think it's so junky! Other parts of the house are more junked together than this! ;-)

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Ug---I should have done something in the past 4 years toward getting my decorating scheme together! But generally, the vision is white cabinetry, cherry/fruit hardware, red accents and some dark blue. I plan on taking down this wallpaper above the cabinets, which is light blue stripes, and freehand painting cherries and scripture---that's the part I have not stepped toward.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
I love having it all done and resting in the cleanness. I like to Vacuum.

Mop – Y/N?
I use a Swiffer WetJet---my spaces are so small that I need to mop, and I like to just throw away the bathroom germs!

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I throw them in the washing machine. I used to have a mesh bag for those and my bras! Where did that go?

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
I usually only check for brownness, so I need to see it with the door open. I thought the window would be so much more helpful than it really is!

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Canadian Bacon and mushrooms from a pizza place, but if I make it at home, it's usually sausage, onions, mozzarella cheese.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I'm on the computer!

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
I am working on putting everything in a notebook. But the recipe box I have holds 4x6 cards and is green.

Style of house – What style is your house?
I guess it's like a ranch-style, if that's what you call a basically rectangle house with a garage on one end. (Although our bedroom sticks out to make it an L shape, really.)

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
Not usually

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
At one time, it was organized, but I really don't like to go under there much now!

Vacuum – How many times per week?
the living room probably twice a week, but a good allover once a week.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
8-10

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Only sometimes.

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
Yes we have one. I like to do the bushes.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
I guess I would say clean up the kitchen after dinner. My "work" day ends at 9:00 if I can, and with putting B to bed, that's all I can do after dinner. Sometimes I'm folding clothes while watching TV, though. I'm not in a firm routine!

That was fun! Let me know if you answer, too!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Isn't funny how Memes get changed in Blogtopia? When I did mine I was missing some info in the questions, hmm, very interesting.
    Like Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource? , ha! now it makes sense. I also love Allrecipes.com, it rocks.
    Donuts from a can? wow!
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    By Blogger Super Happy Girl, at Friday, February 23, 2007 11:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home