slice of my life

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday's Feast, January 12th

Appetizer
What comes to mind when you see the color orange?
If it is burnt orange, I think about UT (Texas). That's a rival school of Texas A&M, one of my colleges. So that is a repulsive feeling.
If it is bright orange, I think of UT (Tennessee). That was my parents' rival school, and while the feeling is not as strong, I still feel repulsed a bit.
On the other hand, if it's a bright orange marker in a multicolor collection, it's a feeling of completeness. I can now make a beautiful rainbow. ohm . . .ohm . . .

Soup
Did you ever get in trouble while you were in school? If so, what was it for?
I really didn't get in trouble much. Getting in trouble was one of my greatest fears. (Is?) I did get licks (paddle spankings!) twice in second grade (1978-1979). This is the age my daughter is right now. Once it was because my whole table was having a book fight, and we were hitting our books together in the middle of the table when the teacher walked in the room. The other time, a dog ran in our building and the whole class chased it back outside. Mrs. Smith lined up the whole class in the hall and gave us each a lick.

Salad
Which topping(s) make up your perfect pizza?
Canadian bacon, mushrooms, extra cheese, maybe bell peppers and onions (but I pick those two off and just leave the nice flavor on the cheese).

Main Course
Do you believe in UFOs/aliens/etc.? Why or why not?
I always say it's a possibility. My husband would take the opposite position. I say why not? I do not understand why it's a religious conflict----God can make this giant universe however he wants, and he does NOT have to tell us about everything. he didn't, I believe!

Plus, I am optimistic about stuff like this. I have always loved Star Wars and Star Trek, and I think it would be great to have a variety of created beings in the universe, getting along and learning about different ways of surviving in different types of worlds. (That's why Anthropology was my minor in college!)

Dessert
What color is your bedspread/comforter/quilt?
Blue and white----a sort of Toile pattern with flowers.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

  • Your feast was wonderful. I am completely satisfied.
    You would not be able to give a child a lick in school now. The parents would sue and you would be put in jail!!
    Thanks for coming by my blog and I hope you will come back. Have a great weekend.

    By Blogger Jane, at Friday, January 12, 2007 3:39:00 PM  

  • I like your feast thing too. I guess I never knew you got a lick. HOrn Lake I think is what made me hate school so much as a child. I remember getting licks as a 1st grader and never really knowing why. And then feeling very unjust about the entire way I was treated.
    Anyway... :-)
    I really enjoy your blog(s).

    By Blogger Rachel M., at Friday, January 12, 2007 4:21:00 PM  

  • thats an honest feast. I have always wanted a blue and white room..mines up, stop by

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, January 12, 2007 5:29:00 PM  

  • I can't imagine lining an entire classroom of students up and paddling everyone for something like that! Amazing...even for the dates you mentioned.

    And I love your description of orange....my brother lived in College Station for a while.

    :-) Susan

    By Blogger Susan, at Friday, January 12, 2007 7:02:00 PM  

  • Great feast! I agree with your main course.

    Thanks for stopping by and have a good weekend. :)

    By Blogger Caylynn, at Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:08:00 AM  

  • Thanks for sharing your feast. Oh my, I've never received a 'lick' from my teacher before. I don't think it was allowed in our school.

    I certainly love those ingredients ... my kind of pizza.

    Take care!

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Saturday, January 13, 2007 9:40:00 AM  

  • Yeah, I've never understood why the whole alien thing is a religious issue. God can do whatever He want, right? So what's immoral if we think we're not the "center of the universe"? ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home