slice of my life

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt, January 6th



Today's theme is Memory. If you want to go see others' memory pictures, click here. If you want to join in click here.

I'm still in a Christmassy mood---this is my memory of Christmas. As I set up all my kids' presents, I wanted them to have that same feeling I remembered from my childhood. That overwhelmed feeling, a feeling like nothing else could be as wonderful as getting these presents this morning.
This picture is me, 1975, and I would have been 4 and a half. I am so glad my parents took this picture---to me, it sums up all my happy, sleepy Christmas morning feelings!
On a Photo Train of Thought, I am going to start a seperate blog for "Project 365." It's a picture a day for a year. I am thinking I won't post every day, but I will take pictures every day and try to update on my Mondays and Fridays (or Saturdays, like today). Unfortunately, I did not hear about this until Jan. 3rd, and double sad, I did not take any pictures on Jan. 1st or 2nd. So my project is 363 or maybe 365 through Jan. 2nd, 2008. Whatever! I'll give a link and put that on my sidebar when I get ready. And oh boy, are my pictures so far exciting! ha! Very not exciting. But each picture is supposed to represent the day somehow, and I am not afraid to set up pictures to make it represenative of my day.
I am checking off daily Bible reading and exercising for the year, too. So far, I have been reading every day except yesterday (no excuse!), and I have exercised 4 times this calendar week---and I still might do somehting today. I am staying on track so far!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • Ahhhhhhhhhhhh that is such a cute picture! Christmas morning in pajamas- now that brings back memories!
    thanks for dropping by!
    Happy Saturday
    L

    By Blogger LibertyBelle, at Saturday, January 06, 2007 1:02:00 PM  

  • What is Christmas Morn without PJ's? Huh!! Not Christmas Morning!! You are about the age of my youngest daughter!! So that would make me your mother!! smile!!
    This is a good picture and a very good use of todays word!! Thanks for stopping by and seeing my weight loss. Boy I hope it just continues and continues for me...
    Come back anytime. Sandy

    By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at Saturday, January 06, 2007 1:24:00 PM  

  • We really have to be thankful to our parents for having the patience in taking pictures of us when we were all young. We benefit from these photos now. We won't have nothing to reminisce if there weren't photos.
    Thanks for passing by.

    By Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD, at Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:22:00 PM  

  • I hate to disagree but you had to be 5 and a half in this picture because we did not move into this house until 1975 in March. I like this picture also you were so excited about what we had bought that year (we were so poor then). thanks for the picture of me graduating. It was really exciting that you all got to come and see it!!

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:25:00 PM  

  • I thought I got that bike when I was 5, but I had labeled that photo in the computer as Dec. 1975. And I was 4.5 in Dec. 1975. So was it 1976? At any rate, I still think it's the best Christmas picture.

    By Blogger jenny, at Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:53:00 PM  

  • what a cute picture. Thank you for sharing your Christmas memory as a child...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, January 07, 2007 1:32:00 AM  

  • Great photo - so cute! Great Christmas memories from your childhood - thanks for sharing.

    By Blogger Caylynn, at Sunday, January 07, 2007 2:47:00 AM  

  • OK So I really like the picture. I like your new avatar as well. I changed mine too.
    Here is a link to Jim Brandenburg's website.
    http://www.jimbrandenburg.com
    He took one picture a day in 1994. He is a photographer for National Geographic. The book of them is called Chased by the Light. I saw this book when I worked at the photography studio. I thought it was so amazing. anyway... I just remembered it when I saw that you were going to take a picture a day to capture 365 days.

    By Blogger Rachel M., at Sunday, January 07, 2007 3:21:00 PM  

  • I love that "I can't believe it!" face. Terrific picture and wonderful memories.

    Great choice for the hunt.

    By Blogger PastormacsAnn, at Sunday, January 07, 2007 4:04:00 PM  

  • Hi Jenny. Sorry if I'm dropping in a little late but I would like to thank you for visiting my blog. It's nice that your sister and I have the same name.

    Thanks for sharing that beautiful memory. I also have fond memories of Christmas when I was a young girl. I try my best to make my son as happy as I was back then or possibly happier.

    See you on the next photo hunt.

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Monday, January 08, 2007 12:51:00 AM  

  • I remember those bikes with the flower baskets! I used to have one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, January 08, 2007 1:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home