slice of my life

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Post-Christmas

We're entering the post-Christmas blahs. It's back to paying bills and refereeing arguements and doing the laundry. But one thing we did right---we bought lots of really good presents for the kids. Board games they will play together and play with us. I didn't think about how two of these games need at least 3 people, which means I am playing too. That's a good thing.

Another thing to break up the fights: gift cards. We have them from Home Depot (Larry, of course!), Target, Wal-Mart, and Limited Too. I also plan on going to the library with the kids. So we need to plan our shopping trips now.

We also went to the movies yesterday. Larry only had to work until 3, so we met him and saw Eragon. I think all 4 of us enjoyed the movie. I sat right next to J, who's gobbled up all the Dragonology books this fall. So I expected him to enjoy it and also to have some comparisons between what he's read in those books (which he consideres an authority). I stayed away from them before I saw the movie, but I'm reading some reviews now. They aren't all positive, but I think it was fun. I really think I would enjoy the books more than the movie---which is almost always the case.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home