slice of my life

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas questions

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate but a little egg nog is good. (your answer was just what I wanted to say, Tammy!)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? just set out

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Definitely colored lights on my tree, and a tasteful combination of white and colored lights on the outside of the house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? not usually---but I got some this year


5. When do you put your decorations up? Anytime after Thanksgiving is fine---but usually the first weekend of December is my big push, and I add on more gradually.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I don't really have a traditional dish for Christmas only. I love to get a spiral-sliced, ham, though!


7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: A lot of my memories are tied to photos! I guess getting a bike is the one I'm thinking of---and I have pictures of two different times I did for Christmas!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I asked Dad on the way home from school one day.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The kids do---in the morning, if they want!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We put it together, I put up the lights and garland, and the kids mostly put on ornaments. Our ornaments are a hodge-podge of old childhood ornaments and stuff we've accumulated.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? would love it!

12. Can you ice skate? yes

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I guess one of my favorites is the colorful Jim Shore angel figure that B got me last Christmas. I saw it shopping with her, nad she went back and got it. I guess part of what I love about it is that she was paying attention to me and what I liked. I hope she can always pay attention to clues like that!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? spending time with family

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? cookie-cutter cookies in Christmas shapes

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have always done a "Count Down Calendar" with the kids, but I love our Lego Advent calendar, too. two years in a row is a tradition, right?

17. What tops your tree? a gold star

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? well, honestly, I love the receiving, but I love the shopping and the giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love "O Holy Night," "All I Want for Christmas is You," and "Christmas Time is Here" (the Peanuts Christmas song). I can't pick one.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Yum! (but especially the fruity flavored ones)

21. Real or Fake tree? fake---allergies!

22. fat tree or skinny tree? Fat

23. Favorite Christmas movie: It's a Wonderful Life is Larry's fave, but I like White Christmas. Really, I look forward to watching A Christmas Story for a couple of times through on new Year's Eve on TNT (or is it TBS?) And Elf---it's a new favorite.

If you post a list somewhere, let me know!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home