slice of my life

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Gingerbread and Christmas Question

This is our gingerbread house at home and the one I made for our bulletin board at school. You can tell these are children's projects! I love them just like this.

I baked the gingerbread dough in a Pampered Chef mold (which isn't available any more). B and I mixed it up and I baked it on Saturday night. Sunday we put it together and put on the decorations. Some of these candies are from Halloween---a good way to rid your old supply of candy!

The bulletin board I made with my class of 4s and 5s. I made a paper gingerbread house, and the kids added glitter and pompoms and paper "candy" for decorations. It's good for them to work on group projects like this, and also to work on a large scale, something we don't often get to do.



So here's my question of the season for you:
What is your favorite Christmas song?

My favorite is "Christmas Time is Here" by Vince Guaraldi, the Charlie Brown Christmas song, of course. But I also love that song "All I Want for Christmas is You" and I am not sure who sings it. I loved it already, but I heard a BV TROUPEr sing it (in Larry's show this past weekend), and her name is Zaisha Heardmon. She can really sing it!! WooHOo!

So please answer for me, leave a comment!

4 Comments:

  • Hmmm...a favorite song is hard, but my favorite Christmas CD is Bing Crosby singing the "old" Christmas songs. About Zai Heardmon, you are so right. That girl can sing! She came to Camp of the Hills three of the summers I was there (I think she was on a trip to New York this summer) and she filled the huge dining hall with her voice... without the microphone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:26:00 AM  

  • My favorite is the Christmas Song (aka Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) as sung by Mel Torme (writer of the song). Aren't you glad I gave you that mold?

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:34:00 AM  

  • 'Your a mean one mr.grinch' is my fav cristmas song!

    By Blogger Ollie Ribbons, at Friday, December 15, 2006 6:27:00 AM  

  • I am glad Mom gave me that mold! Thanks, Mom!

    I love Bing Crosby, too. I have to watch White Christmas at least once during the season. And the Christmas Song is also good with Nat King Cole singing it.

    By Blogger jenny, at Friday, December 15, 2006 8:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home