slice of my life

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Joy post #2

Here's my joy of the day:
I made a gingerbread house for my bulletin board at school, and we decorated it in class today. We used glue and glitter, pom poms, paper squares, among other things. Also on the board are their individual gingerbread babies. We had read The Gingerbread Baby by Jan Brett---one of my favorite books for Christmastime. I let them cut their own gingerbread babies out of brown construction paper and decorate with markers. I didn't have my digital camera, but I ought to post a picture here---it's pretty amazing! Kinda messy, but looks good enough to eat.

My joy is in the creation! I love making something out of nothing. I love working on group projects with my pre-schoolers, and I love bringing joy to others with our artwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home