slice of my life

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Daily Christmas Joy #1

I heard about this NamBloPoMo challenge for November to post an entry on your blog every day. I heard about it too late, that is! I thought I ought to challenge myself to write a post every day for a month. It could happen! My idea to keep me with something to write about every day is to tell of a daily joy of mine. I was also inspired by this blog, which tells of three good things a day. Positive thinking! I like it! I need to practice it. But this is my favorite time of year, so it ought ot be easy.

I ought to write at the end of the day and tell something that happened, since I thought of two great things to post last night, but I can't remember them now! Sleep clears my mind . . .

Well, I actually do remember one from yesterday. I took my new CD ("A Charlie Brown Christmas") to school to listen to with my class throughout the day. One little boy said, "Hey! That's Charlie Brown" when he heard the "Linus and Lucy" track. Yea for him!! But the joy I got from that little boy's insight is just part of the joy I get when I listen to that music. It's like a cup of hot chocolate for my soul. Mmmm . . .

I also am just joyful that my sattelite Tv station with 24-hour Christmas music is back on now. Really! Any activity can be festive and happy when you are listening to Christmas music. Folding clothes? Putting up the tree? Making dinner? All that is better with music.


And a joy for last night (I knew it would come to me if I started writing!) was that I got three sets of lights de-tangled and up on the Christmas tree. Yea! Now we can put up ornaments, which are strewn about the living room as I speak. B started looking through them after we got the lights and garland on.

So JOY! I wish you joy, even through hard situations. I know joy is out there for me every day if I will just look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home