slice of my life

Saturday, November 18, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like . . .

Christmas, anyone?

Okay, I know there are people out there who do not like to have Christmas too early. I know that Thanksgiving is a big day, to be treasured for the stand-on-its-own holiday that it is. I know. I like Thanksgiving!! But I do like Christmas. I like it more. I am already buying some gifts here and there, and I love it. I LOVE IT!

I wouldn't be writing this post about Christmas except that J and I just watched Elf. It's one of my new holiday favorites. And dovetailing nicely this evening is the TV show Monk, another family favorite, and the episode is a Christmas one. Why is USA network doing this to me? Or should I say for me? Now I am thinking about all the Christmas shows I want to be sure to watch: A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, A Charlie Brown Christmas, White Christmas. None of those are anything new to anyone, I guess. How about A Muppet Family Christmas? Or A Muppet Christmas Carol? The MFC is something I taped off Nickelodeon when J was a baby, and it's a VCR tape I can't get rid of, and we can't go a Christmas season without watching it. I ought ot look for that one on DVD! I just read the Wiki article I linked to---sounds like the DVD won't have as many songs on it as the taped TV version I have. Plus, I have some funny comercials on that tape! The kids and I also always watch Fay's 12 days of Christmas. This video stars the William Wegman Weimeramer (spelling?) dogs. It is totally funny.

Now is the time to fill in the blanks:
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't ___________.

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't make or eat____________.

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if I didn't go do _____________.

Answer these for yourself before it gets too late! I will be putting it on paper and brainstorming with the kids. Maybe I'll share these later.

Today was the UIL event that J competed in, in Number Sense. He did not place, but one of his classmates was 4th place, and it was her personal best score. We have some funny pictures J took of his class mates, so I will post about that later!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home