slice of my life

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Things are coming together . . .

I should be getting on to work, but here are some new developments around the Adams's household:
  • I will be taking my "final" test for my CDA credential on December 8th. Tammy, Penny and maybe Patricia will be doing it, too. Gotta wrap up those papers in my Resource File! This is a credential that means I am an expert in Early Childhood, the preschool years, and mine specifically is ages 3-5.
  • B and J got their report cards, and B's lowest grade was a 97. woo-hoo! Her spelling is just as good in Spanish as it is in English, which is a 100 almost every Friday. And she is no slouch in Math, either. J is staying on that A-B Honor Roll, which I think is wonderful and truly he is *mostly* doing his best. :-) His comprehension in Spanish is not as good in English, so it's a tougher row to hoe for him in 5th grade.
  • It looks like we will be going to Junior high next year at the school that houses both Dual Language (maybe Histories and Math conducted in Spanish) and (thank goodness) GT kids. I am thrilled that they are helping our kids stay bilingual throughout their school time. We got to hear from the Assisstant Superintendant herself last night at our DL Parents meeting. Everything is still "maybe" but she had a good feel for what is happening and developing. There are some amazing possibilities for our children here, and with their biligualism, doors will be open to them if they choose to take them! It is very exciting but a little scary, too. But they are God's children, and he has a plan for them. I am so excited about how their opportunities now will help them be a part of God's plan later in life.
  • My Uncle John is still not doing great, but he is at home again. My Mom is supposed to go to Memphis again. She might be there already! I am not keeping up. But news with her is that she defended her paper for her Master's degree, and she is on her way to graduation in December. Yea!

2 Comments:

  • I'm sorry I haven't called but the reception for my cell phone in my hotel room was bad. I could stand in one spot and talk but I dared not move so I did not call a lot of people. John is back in the hospital finally they are addressing what has been a problem all along. Clots in his right legs. He is on a drip to thin his blood to keep the clot from getting bigger. He said that the swelling is getting less already. I don't know when he will be going home again. Hopefully with the clots addressed he will get better now and continue dialysis on an out patient basis.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, November 16, 2006 1:40:00 PM  

  • The above comments were from MOM

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, November 16, 2006 1:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home