slice of my life

Friday, November 03, 2006

An Educational Halloween

I am a weird Mom. I can't remember when this started, but we have a Halloween tradition of graphing our candy when they get home from Trick-or-Treating. I wasn't even thinking about it thei year, but J got some paper as soon as he got home, and started sorting the candy by type. His graph is here first. The kind of candy he got the most of was Tootsie Rolls---which included the TR pops also. Looks like Dum Dums (suckers, too!) were his second place.

B had help from me to do her graph. She still had a pad of graph paper to work with---it's a little neater! She had three that were close at the top---Sweetarts (we were giving those out), suckers and Tootsie Rolls. The kids even compared how their take was the same and different.

There was a noticable absence of chocolate candy in our neighborhood this year. I only bought one bag of Crunch Candybars myself, along with a BIG bag of Sweetarts/Bit-o-Honey/Sprees, Tootsie Roll Pops, and Nerds. I totally bought all of my favorites this year. The kids didn't get to pick any! Now that all this is over, if I can find some Reese's for Larry, I'll buy some today.

So, add a little Math into your day! If you still have a bucket of candy, you, too, can make your own Halloween graph! I am so glad that both my kids feel like they are good at math. Here's one reason thay are.

Costume pictures coming later!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home