slice of my life

Monday, October 30, 2006

Dirty? Thirty

This was sent to me in an e-mail this week, and I thought I'd post it just for kicks. It was called the "Dirty Thirty" which is sorta weird, considering the friend who sent it, and the Mom life we both lead! I guess with a different lifestyle, the answers might end up on the "dirty" side? I just realized as I was cutting and pasting that there was not a number 26, so I will add one of my own. I also may change the questions slightly to get a better answer, maybe!

1. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship?
leaving home (this was before college! whew! long ago!)

2. When was the last time you shaved your legs?
yesterday morning

3. What were you doing this morning at 8am?
I was meeting with my Moms in Touch group---praying for our school kids

4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
driving home from the grocery store

5. Are you any good at math?
Sure, but not as good as I used to be, and not as good as my husband!

6. Your prom night?
I had two---Jr. Prom was a fun with girls night, and Sr. Prom was a fun date with a friend, but he turned it into something special

7. Do you have any famous ancestors?
Not really

8. Have you ever taken out a loan to pay for school?
Actually, no. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile?
I don't have a myspace profile. But I do have a profile here on Blogger---take a look at it!

10. Last thing received in the mail?
A birthday card for J, bill, a Build-a-Bear Workshop holiday catalog/ad

11. How many different beverages have you had today?
Two---water and a Coke

12. Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machines?
Yes---I'm not afraid of that!

13. Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to?
Survivor in 1985---Eye of the Tiger!

14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
I will, but I don't think I did when we were in South Padre this summer.

15. What's the most painful dental procedure you've had?
I have had several root canals. But the pain is in my teeth before the procedure, and I feel much better afterwards!

16. What is out your back door?
Our deck, Zuzu, dog dishes, dead plants!

17. Any plans for Friday night?
Well, my "date" Larry will be working until 9:00, so my plans will involve doing things with the kids. T.V. shows Numbers or Monk, anyone?

18. Do you like the ocean?
Yes!

19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different kinds of popcorn for Christmas?
Yes, and J was selling them this past month (Boy Scouts), so I bought a 3-way cheese one for B.

20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Maybe? if so, it's been a long time ago, but maybe I haven't.

22. Something you are excited about?
Today is J's birthday! I will be taking him a Freebird's burrito for his school lunch, and for dinner I am making steak and shrimp, steamed veggies, and grapes. He is eleven years old. No more McDonald's Happy Meals for him! The steak and shrimp was a "special" from Angel Food Minstries. He is a shrimp lover, as am I. So I am excited about food. And the birthday---I hope it's a fun day for J even at school.

23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
cherry

24. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive?
No, but I had one alive that we got 5 generation pictures with when J was a baby.

25. Describe your keychain:
A few too many keys, cross with purple stones on it (my own purchase), a keychain with my initial on it with a turquois/tan/white ribbon attached (a gift), mini-Blockbuster card and mini-Kroger card

26. What is your dream Halloween costume?
Okay, this one is added just because we are one day before Halloween and it's on my mind. I would love to have a pretty dress like what you see in the beginning of Gone With the Wind---that pretty green adn white one from the party.

27. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
How large? I did devo last Tuesday morning at my work for about 15 people.

28. What kind of winter coat do you have?
I have the coat I got when Larry and I had our first Valentine's day as a married couple. It's red and has a zip out liner, which I just about never wear down here in my part of Texas. I only zip in the liner when it's down in the 30s, otherwise, I sweat in it!

29. What was the weather like during your high school graduation?
I don't remember, but it was probably warm and sunny.

30. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
Closed, but our house has settled such that it doesn't close completely without using a strong arm, so it's usually cracked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home