slice of my life

Monday, November 27, 2006

It's a smart thing!

Here's a smart thing I did: since I rearranged furniture for Thanksgiving tables, I vacuumed and then arranged the living room for the Christmas tree to go up. Yea! I'm ready to assemble the tree! Maybe B and I will do it tonight with some hot chocolate and my new Christmas CD: "A Charlie Brown Christmas" featuring the famous PEANUTS characters. That had been on my wishlist since 2004 on Amazon. I know you're not suppposed to buy anything for yourself in the month before Christmas, but I get a wonderful feeling listening to the piano of the Vince Guaraldi trio! It really made my day.

Smart thing #2: I got B's big present today, and I am so glad to have both kids' BIG presents out of the way before December 1.

Tonight is the memorial service for my Uncle John. I didn't go to Memphis after all, but it wasn't because Larry didn't let me. He asked me a couple of times if I was doing what I wanted. I am still not sure I made the right choice, but given all the factors, I did what I did. So I have a sort of longing for Memphis today. My "real" home in a way. My point of origin, and knowing my Mom is there and my Aunt. On the way to school this morning, "Walking in Memphis" came on the radio. And My family of four saw "Happy Feet" while we visited Granbury. The main character's Dad is named Memphis (with an Elvis flair). Strange, all these Memphis reminders.

Thanksgiving picture post coming soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home