slice of my life

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday






This is my first time to participate in this Slow Cooking Thursday. I am determined to use my weekly to save time and money. So follow this link to even more slow-cooker recipes at Diary of a SAHM!

My contribution: Pork Chops l'Orange from Rival Crock-Pot Slow cooker Favorites cookbook. I made this yesterday for my family. B didn't try it---my picky eater---since she was sick---see below! But Larry liked it, and J ate it up, too. It isn't a sweet orange sauce--to Larry's delight.

Pork Chops l'Orange
2 tablespoons extra-virgin Olive oil
8 pork chops ( I used the big economy pack)
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp. grated orange peel
2 tbsp. cornstarch
1/4 cup water

Sear porkchops on both sides in oil over medium-high heat. (Work in batches.) Set aside.
Combine orange juice, honey, salt, brown sugar and orange peel in crock pot. Add chops, turning to coat each chop well. cover; cook on low 6-8 hours.

Transfer chops to warm plate. Pour liquid into a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Meanwhile, combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to orange sauce. Stir well and continue to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes longer or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chops and serve immediately.
Serves 8
I really enjoyed this one! Something new to eat. Variety is the spice of life!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home