slice of my life

Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday's Feast, February 23rd

Appetizer
Where on your body do you have a scar, and what caused it?
I have some chicken pox scars from 7th grade, a scar on one finger from a cut I got while working at Taco Bueno, but the best scar of all is my c-section scar from baby #2, B. It's not a bad scar, though!! I never even notice it.

Soup
What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?
I always thought surviving my car wreck in 1995 was a miracle. I was hanging in my seat belt in our upside-down Dodge Neon on a bridge in Fort Worth when some off-duty firmen came to my rescue! Someone tried to cut across in front of me to make a exit ramp, and he made at least two more of us wreck. I still don't remember any of the wreck. The real miracle was that J survived. I was only 6 or 8 weeks pregnant with him (after trying to get pregnant for 15 months!), and they told me at the hospital (what I can remember---I had a head injury) that I would most likely lose the baby. But I didn't! God has big plans for J. God waited for the right time to put him in my womb, the right time for him to be born, and protected him to be in this place at this time.

Salad
Name a television personality who really gets on your nerves.
I really get tired of almost all the sportscasters on TV. And sadly, I am tired of Rosie O'Donnell. Things could have been so different, Rosie!

Main Course
What was a funny word you said as a child (such as "pasketti" for "spaghetti")?
I don't know this one! Mom will have to leave a comment and fill in this one for me. Now, my sister and I had some misconceptions---like that french fries were made of bread!

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have always thought spring was the best time of year!

I just updated my 363 blog, too, with pictures from this week. Take a look---leave a comment!

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • I'd say that God has a plan for little J! That's an amazing miracle! Thanks for sharing!

    By Blogger Melissa, at Friday, February 23, 2007 9:22:00 AM  

  • What a great feast! That accident sounds scary and thats a good scar

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, February 23, 2007 9:40:00 AM  

  • Wow, your little one was definitely a miracle - all babies are, but some moreso than others! Thank you for stopping by!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 23, 2007 10:08:00 AM  

  • Your soup gave me chills. I would say you are right about J. It will be so cool to see what God does have in store for him.
    Thanks for coming by my feast today.

    By Blogger Jane, at Friday, February 23, 2007 10:52:00 AM  

  • Scary Soup with a happy ending :)
    French fries made out of bread, how cute.
    A good feast, thanks!.

    By Blogger Super Happy Girl, at Friday, February 23, 2007 12:37:00 PM  

  • Oh gosh what a thing to live through - God does have plans for little J.
    The French fries was sooo cute.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, February 23, 2007 12:48:00 PM  

  • Great Feast today!! Those C-Sections are something else. I am sure they are not as bad as they were when I was having them back in the good ole' days..smile! But I have nice healthy grown up children with kids of their own!! Have a great weekend, Jenny. Sandy

    By Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess, at Friday, February 23, 2007 4:04:00 PM  

  • That's a wonderful blessing indeed. I'm happy that you and J survived the car wreck. It must have been a terrifying experience but I'm glad you pulled through it. Bless those men who came to your rescue. Your experience is a wonderful example of how kind God is. Thank you for sharing. Thanks also for visiting my feast. Take care!

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Saturday, February 24, 2007 8:16:00 AM  

  • What was the most scarry thing about the wreck after Jenny survivied was that she kept talking about the amse thing over and over like brain damaged people do. I was afrid that my very intelligent daughter was going to have residual brain damage. It was a scarry 2 days.

    The only word that comes to mind that you said was "belbow" for elbow. It was hard for you to say words that started with vowells. Most of your words were correct. very few mispronounced words. Of course your first word was "skonk" WE did not remember that the name was Flower for Bambi's friend.

    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Saturday, February 24, 2007 2:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home