slice of my life

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday's Feast, March 23

Appetizer
Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I really like Meredith Vieira, Steve Doocy, Harry Smith, and Lisa Ling. They all seem like people I could be friends with. :-) They all seem like genuine people with a good sense of humor and a family-type life like me.

Soup
Name 3 foods that are currently in your freezer.
(These are some I am happy to have in there.)
Blue Bell French Vanilla ice cream---best of the best!
chicken drumsticks
waffles

Salad
If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?
I don't know about this! I guess I should name it after someone in the family. My daughter already has a town with her name (we passed through it two summers ago). After my son? We could name it after his online name: Ollie Ribbons. So how about Ollietown? Ribbonston? Ollieville? Ollie's Glen?

This is sort of like naming a new town: in our town, we are building a new high school (in addition to the super-5A we already have) and a new junior high (it'll be jr. high #4). The tradition in our district is to name schools after notable Texans. The name of the high school that I picked---Rudder High School---was the one they picked. It was a good, obvious choice, not just my preference. They also picked the mascot name I wanted---the Rangers. But the school colors I wanted---yellow and black---were not picked. All the schools here from elementary to high school have blue in them (I didn't know that!), so they'll be blue and green. I was interested in this because I knew we'd be zoned for the new high school. James Earl Rudder was a WWII D-Day hero, and he led a division of men called "Rudder's Rangers," with an emblem they wore that was yellow and black.

Main Course
What will most likely be the next book you read?
On my nightstand, fresh from the library, is Building Literacy with Love: A Guide for Teachers and Caregivers of Children From Birth Through Age 5. This is work related read! I have a list in my wallet for the next library trip:
To Kill a Mockingbird
Angela's Ashes (McCourt)
Like Water for Chocolate (Esquivel)
It will depend on which ones are available in the library, I guess! Any suggestions?

Dessert
What's the first thing you notice about the opposite gender?
I guess how tall they are---I am not looking at the opposite gender for dates anymore, so I just notice the obvious! ;-)

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • Oh, I have Blue Bell ice cream in my freezer, too. :)

    Thanks for commenting in my weblog.

    By Blogger Bea, at Friday, March 23, 2007 8:25:00 AM  

  • I don't think we have Blue Bell here but I like vanilla ice-cream (especially on top of a freshly baked slice of apple pie). :)

    Have a lovely weekend.

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Friday, March 23, 2007 9:16:00 AM  

  • Great feast. I like your Salad too. It's sort of cool to think about naming a town.
    Thanks for coming by my feast!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, March 23, 2007 9:19:00 AM  

  • Sorry, that comment is from me. I forgot to change my sign in name!

    By Blogger Jane, at Friday, March 23, 2007 9:20:00 AM  

  • The whole thing about bilingual learning is awesome. I did not think there would be people even interested on that...

    That is one of the things I think Europe has over America, that they make it a point to be bilingual.

    You almost have the city right, nice try, Barranquilla! that is the city where Shakira is from too.

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, March 23, 2007 9:47:00 AM  

  • I enjoyed your feast!
    blessings~
    Annie
    My Life as Annie!

    By Blogger Annie, at Friday, March 23, 2007 10:23:00 AM  

  • great feast. love the salad!

    By Blogger Erin Faye, at Friday, March 23, 2007 10:33:00 AM  

  • To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books.

    I don't know about Like Water for Chocolate as a book, but the movie is very explicit. We had to watch it for my Spanish course in college, and I buried my head in my arms A LOT. (I was a rather innocent 18 year old.)

    I'm interested in reading the book that you're reading for work. Since I taught 1st-4th grades, I'm curious how to raise children that love books before they get to school. It would hurt me a lot if my kids didn't enjoy reading.

    By Blogger a, at Friday, March 23, 2007 10:58:00 AM  

  • thanks for stopping by! I always love to have visitors! It's true, when you are no longer looking for dates you only notice the obvious. It's funny how life changes!

    Stop back by anytime!

    By Blogger Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging, at Friday, March 23, 2007 2:30:00 PM  

  • Oh Blue Bell, I haven't had Blue Bell in ages. Yum-o! I like Meredith Viera too, but I'm having a little trouble adjusting to her on the Today Show :) Love the town naming and I'd love to hear what you think of Angela's Ashes and Like Water for Chocolate when you read them. I haven't read those yet :)

    Have a wonderful day!

    By Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane, at Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home