slice of my life

Friday, March 16, 2007

Friday's Feast, March 16

Appetizer
Name two things that made you smile this week.
Ethan and Sabrina! My nephew and niece who visited this week. :-)

Soup
Fill in the blank: Don't you hate it when ________?
the toilet overflows? It really is the grossest thing ever.

Salad
When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
I try to do some deep breathing exercises, from yoga. In through the nose, out throught the nose. And my mantra I have been developing is to breathe in the good Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23), and breathe out the opposite badness I might be holding onto. Maybe that's kinda weird. I breathe in God's Love, and blow out my apathy, or bitterness. I breathe in Joy, and breathe out dissappointment. I breathe in Peace and breathe out discontent. I go on through all of the fruit---Love, joy, peace,patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. This doesn't always work, but it's better than dwelling on my problems, which is what I do.

Main Course
What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
How can people be so selfish and neglect their children---over and over? I know of a situation where this is a cycle that never gets better (a friend of a friend kind of thing). With all the help people are giving, why can't this person just take the help and then make better choices?


Dessert
What is your favorite pasta dish?
Something I make----my famous "Sausage casserole"
Something I get when I'm out---lasagne. I also have a really good recipe for this myself.
B says I should say cheese tortellini or macaroni and cheese. Those are her favorites!

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • And why does the toilet only overflow when you have somewhere to go?
    Any chance of you posting that recipe ;)
    Thanks for sharing,
    Frances

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 16, 2007 3:28:00 PM  

  • Just make spaghetti sauce with sausage bell pepper and onions added (Jar sauce works really well just add the sasage and peppers and onions) then use shell macaroni or the twirlly pasta. Cook in the oven until bubbling the cover the top with velveeta and melt in the ove for about 10 minutes. It's delicious. We have a lengthy recipe for this but this is how it started. With jar sauce from Ragu. It's not really fat friendly but you can use high fiber pasta and lower fat sauces and lower fat cheese to make it more healthy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 16, 2007 3:37:00 PM  

  • I wonder your main course all the time..What cool names your niece and nephew have! I love your dessert!




    WE have an easy contest going on at my blog..Giving away a lot of books and a fun surprise prise!

    By Blogger Unknown, at Friday, March 16, 2007 3:56:00 PM  

  • Sausage casserole sounds tasty.

    Thanks for visiting my blog - the pink hair is a wig actually. I'm not brave enough to go 'all the way' - I do have some pink streaks, though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, March 16, 2007 8:00:00 PM  

  • A visit from nieces and nephews is always wonderful.

    That(soup)sounds gross alright.

    Yoga sounds like a a great way to relax both the body and the soul.

    Have a lovely weekend and thanks for dropping by.

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Saturday, March 17, 2007 1:42:00 AM  

  • Great feast. My feast is served if you want to come and join.

    By Blogger Joseph C. Harris, at Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:20:00 PM  

  • Hi Jenny ! Thank you for coming by my blog to visit and leaving a comment !
    I'm an Aries as well, and Gone With The Wind is one of my most favorite books ever !
    I enjoyed your Friday's Feast, and will come back again !

    By Blogger Constance, at Saturday, March 17, 2007 10:13:00 PM  

  • Thanks for visiting, Jenny.

    By Blogger Marcia (123 blog), at Sunday, March 18, 2007 12:45:00 PM  

  • OH! I love your Salad. :D That's similar to my little meditation that I do. I take a deep breath in and imagine white light of "goodness" filling my head, and then as I exhale slowly I imagine the light passing down through my body pushing all the "blackness" and negativity and "bad things" out through my feet (I imagine black goo oozing)... I like yours, it's a good meditationy-thing in general I think.

    By Blogger La Tomate, at Sunday, March 18, 2007 1:28:00 PM  

  • That breathing exercise sounds pretty cool. I'll have to try that some time.

    Thanks for the comment!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, March 18, 2007 3:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home