slice of my life

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

100 Things About Me

This is my 200th post!
So now for my 100 Things About Me

1. My birthday is April 16, 1971.
2. I'm an Aries, but have never identified with the firey god of War in any way.
3. My favorite number is #3!
4. I like the spring season best because I was born in spring!
5. I always think about my birthday and Easter together.
6. My birthday has been Easter twice in my life so far---last year (2006) and the year my son was born (1995).
7. I remember eating out for my birthday/Easter when I was pregnant--it was IHOP.
8. I am not a pancake fanatic or anything.
9. I was born in Memphis, TN.
10. I lived in Memphis until I was 10.
11. My Dad was a jr. high band director through my 4th grade year.
12. My Mom was a nurse---and still is.
13. We moved to Granbury Texas in 1982.
14. My dad's new job was Nuclear Reactor Operator (like Homer Simpson).
15. I was in 5th grade when we moved, and it was hard.
16. 16 is a special number to me, too.
17. I am a shy kind of person.
18. I am not athletic in any way.
19. Except for my being on the Flag Corps in high school.
20. I played oboe in high school band.
21. I also took 3 years of Art in high school.
22. I even took 2 semesters o Art in college.
23. I graduated form high school in 1989.
24. I am 5 foot 2 with eyes of blue.
25. I have brown hair that is thinning out some, and I have a few strands of gray in there.
26. I have 2 kids.
27. My son J is like me in that he has a fair complexion and is artistic.
28. My daughter is like me in that she's also artistic and likes to read.
29. I have been married since 1991.
30. I met my husband when we were both in college at Texas A&M University (Whoop!)
31. He and I are more and more alike.
32. I lived in the dorm for my first two years of college.
33. I went from my parents' home to dorm to parents home and finally to an apartment as a married woman.
34. I never did live alone.
35. I met a lifelong friend in college.
36. We were in the same church, same dorm, both played oboe in high school, both had Dads who had formerly been band directors, and both had grandmothers named Mildred.
37. People thought we were sisters when we were together.
38. I got married at 20, but she is still not married!
39. It just goes to show that even with lots of things in common, you don't always choose paths that stay parallel.
40. I have two other old friends I keep up with.
41. We were high school friends who were in Art and Band together.
42. Their paths are a lot more parallel to mine---married with kids.
43. I work in a preschool.
44. I am in a class with 4s and 5s.
45. I have been at this school 7 years now.
46. I taught at another school for 3 years before that.
47. I like my job.
48. I have a degree in English (emphasis in writing and composition), minor in Anthropology.
49. I got my degree from The University of North Texas in 1994.
50. It took me 5 years to get from high school to finishing college.
51. I graduated Cum Laude.
52. That is thanks to my grades I got at UNT, but not the grades I got at A&M.
53. A&M was a hard school.
54. Being married and poor helped me stay home and do the studying I needed to.
55. I worked at Taco Bueno while at UNT.
56. I worked at Kroger (non-food dept.) when I was home for summers before I got married.
57. I had one c-section, and one birth the more traditional way.
58. I thought recovery was equally hard for both situations.
59. I am the oldest child in my birth family.
60. I am even the oldest cousin on both sides of my family.
61. That's ironic, since I do not like to go do things first.
62. Since my maiden name and my married names both start with A, I have been at the front of many lines.
63. I'd prefer to go second at almost all times.
64. I started my blog May 24th, 2006.
65. I love to write.
66. I think I'll write a book someday.
67. I am Creative Memories consultant.
68. I have been selling scrapbooking supplies for 8 years now!
69. I am not an agressive person, and I am not pushing my business like I could.
70. I love CM, and I love to scrapbook with their products.
71. I have a really simple style for scrapbooking.
72. I have switched over completely to my digital camera.
73. I might eventually switch over to digital scrapbooks, or making them digitally, but not yet.
74. I love to create things with my hands!
75. I can do some calligraphy.
76. My handwriting can be very neat and pretty.
77. I can kind of see my handwriting unraveling a bit as I am older and my hands are a bit stiffer.
78. I just got re-taught to knit.
79. Now I will try to teach my daughter to do it.
80. I like being a Mom.
81. I tried for 15 months to get pregnant the first time.
82. I found out I was pregnant right after Lar lost his job!
83. I avoid confrontation whenever possible.
84. I was allergic to many foods when I was a kid---chocolate, tomatoes, soybeans, chicken, turkey, cucumbers, oranges, green beans, peas, pecans, rice, oats, and more!
85. I can eat these things now, but I have to make sure I don't eat to much of it in one sitting.
86. My house is messy most of the time.
87. I like watching The Amazing Race and Survivor.
88. I also like Little People, Big World and What Not to Wear.
89. I only dated 5 different guys in high school.
90. I attend a Church of Christ, and have gone to this kind of church all my life.
91. I love to drink a Coca-Cola at breakfast time.
92. I have one sister who's visiting me today!
93. I like thunderstorms.
94. I love to check the weather radar and see when something's going to hit my area.
95. I'm in a weekly prayer group Moms In Touch International.
96. My favorite color is red.
97. My motto for life is, "Variety is the Spice of Life."
98. My favorite set of verses in the Bible is Philippians 4:4-9.
99. I have three favorite flowers: irises and bluebonnets and daisies.
100. I really do love my family and can't imagine my life another way.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • We have quite a bit in common! I graduated hs in 1989, my favorite color is red, I am the oldest and the oldest cousin (but only on one side), my birthday is often on a holiday-Labor Day, I am not athletic in any way, I took 3 years of art in HS... I am sure there are more things! I really enjoyed reading your list!

    By Blogger Jane, at Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:40:00 PM  

  • Hey got to know a lot about you...thanks for sharing all these with us..it was great reading through it...and well as Easter is approaching i'd like you to visit my blog on Easter Wishes and Greetings sometime to share all the fun and joy it's filled up with...i'm sure you'll enjoy your visit!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:37:00 AM  

  • I feel like we just played the "best friend game" on a long car ride; now I know you better! :)

    By Blogger Christina (BookTasty), at Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:45:00 PM  

  • Advance Happy Birthday! I'm an Aries too. :)

    By Blogger Heart of Rachel, at Saturday, March 17, 2007 1:39:00 AM  

  • hi jen!

    am your swap mate for "Kooky Kay Monthly Swap" Theme: postcard..

    am so bad.. i haven't sent the cards yet.. but it'll sure be on its way to you.. i pwamis..

    its nice meeting you via blogger! and its nice knowing 100 things about you!
    nway, am eliza but i go by zha!

    http://zhashing.blogspot.com

    By Blogger zhasha, at Wednesday, March 21, 2007 9:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home