slice of my life

Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday's Feast, May 16th


Good morning, breakfast served!

Appetizer
What is the nearest big city to your home?

Houston

Soup
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?

I'm a 9. Can't claim perfection!

Salad
Describe your hair (color, texture, length).

My hair is totally straight, absolutely no wave to it at all. Ever since I was pregnant with B, my hair has been getting thinner and thinner, though. I also went into my thirties at that time, which may have something to do with it. My hair is brown---not too dark, not too light. Boring! I do have some stray gray hairs---and they are a different texture than the rest of my hair.

Main Course
What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow?

I'm not too aggressive, but I can be when I go into a big city (Houston! or Fort Worth or Dallas). But I'd rather not drive in a big city if I don't have to. I think I'm courteous, but probably everyone *thinks* they are, even if they're not. I am impatient behind the wheel with people who are not following the laws or who try to jump into the traffic dangerously or tailgating. Of course, I got a ticket last May for not doing this very thing, but I try to drive the speed limit. Deep inside me I feel like it's a sin to speed---can' t I just abide by the laws of the land? Isn't that my obligation to Christ to be as law-abiding as I can, as long as it wouldn't conflict with my faith?

Dessert
When was the last time you had a really bad week?

I feel like I am coming out of a very bad year. But it started with a bad week last year. I got strep throat, the house flooded ( no flood insurance!), house turned upside down getting all the carpet out, and a part of a tooth just fell out of my head. Ug. It's depressing thinking about it.


Still Hungry? Check out more Feasts at Friday's Feast!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Thanks for posting on my Blog this morning.

    Hopefully, you won't get ill when you get observed since you have been working with pre-schoolers.

    I student taught in 1st grade for 12 weeks. And, I was sick several of those weeks. ugh

    I have been hired to teach 5th Language Arts at one of the best schools near us.

    I look forward to getting to know you through your Blogs! I saw your lovely blue jay photos.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    By Blogger Debbie B, at Friday, May 16, 2008 7:48:00 PM  

  • Oh, gosh, your dessert stressed ME out. I can imagine how you feel. I hope your year is now going to be more good times than bad.

    By Blogger D..., at Friday, May 16, 2008 10:34:00 PM  

  • My hair did the same thing when entering my 30s ugh! It sounds like you are a much nicer driver than me (I hate to drive so it brings out my frustrated about to cry emotion)! And I can not keep secrets, so don't tell me anything.

    By Blogger Jennefer , at Monday, May 19, 2008 9:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home