slice of my life

Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday's Feast, August 3rd




Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?
I'd say a 6. I am often so unsure about myself socially, I flub things up and don't introduce people or know what to say.


Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?
I think J made me laugh yesterday really good.









Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character?
I was thinking about Speedy Gonzalez yesterday----maybe he was actually politically incorrect and they won't show him any more?


One of my guilty pleasures is watching King of the Hill, though, and I get so cracked up about Peggy Hill, the substitute-Spanish-teacher in small town Texas. So much of that show is truly Texas, it's creepy.



Main Course
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.
I can't think of anyone that was really Robin Williams-like or anything. But I do remember some awkward teachers who we should not have been laughing at behind their backs. On the other hand, I had a professor at UNT who told fabulous stories about his other job working for the medical examiner's office. He was a man who could take a pile of bones and tell you who they were. of course he was teaching an Anthropology class about human evolution. It was funny in a grotesque way. He got out of a ticket by showing the cop a human head he had in the car with him.

Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that ______________________.
I strongly believe that Dual Language was the way to go with my kids. They can both speak, read, and comprehend Spanish where I know none. They've been in a 50/50 program (half their time was in Spanish every day) since Kindergarten. It's amazing what kids can learn if given a chance. And amazing, too, what the Spanish-speakers in the program were able to do in comparison to the Spanish-speakers in a regular bilingual classroom.


Here's a quote I got in an e-mail today.

Whenever you obey God, His seal is always that of peace, the witness of an unfathomable peace, which is not natural, but the peace of Jesus. Whenever peace does not come, tarry till it does or find out the reason why it does not. -----Oswald Chambers

I think this must be true. I feel at peace when I am within God's will, and being peaceful about life is essential to happiness.

Click on over to Friday's Feast to join in and present your own feast!

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • Great Feast! Those food pics are great!

    Thanks for stopping by my place to dine!

    http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/08/friday-feast-154.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 03, 2007 10:18:00 AM  

  • awesome feast!!

    By Blogger Shelby, at Friday, August 03, 2007 10:24:00 AM  

  • your pictures are hilarious and very unique!!! I loved your feast.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, August 03, 2007 11:13:00 AM  

  • I really like your dessert. I keep hearing good things about doing that.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    By Blogger Michelle, at Friday, August 03, 2007 11:29:00 AM  

  • Happy Friday. I so agree with you that kids who learn a different language from the time they are little.. who "grow up" with it, as opposed to "learning" it, do so much better!

    By Blogger Judy, at Friday, August 03, 2007 11:33:00 AM  

  • Finally made it over to check out the Feast! Thanks for the link, might do one this week :-)
    Where did you get those WILD fruit pix???? I particularly love the orange/cat! And yes, the jury is well in that kids who learn two languages from the word go are blessed indeed! They also say that each parent should speak to the kids in their own language so they are not modeling a poor grasp of the other parent's language. What's your opinion on that?

    By Blogger Arizaphale, at Wednesday, August 08, 2007 8:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home