slice of my life

Thursday, July 26, 2007

More Harry Potter

Okay, I know I am a little HP crazy right now, but I came across this really good HP quiz. I was sure I'd be in Ravenclaw, but here I am in Hufflepuff! I have a friend who has pointed out to me that I am extremely loyal and dependable, so she at least woud see this is my true House.

Take that quiz! Let me know where you fit in!


Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?

I had to add in the more detailed results----I was a lot Ravenclaw as well! :-) Proud to have Slytherin as my lowest.

Your in-depth results are:
Hufflepuff - 16
Ravenclaw - 12
Gryffindor - 11
Slytherin - 6

I was poking around the J.K.Rowling website yesterday (waiting on Larry to finish reading the book, actually), and I came across this little bit of info about wands. She had given Harry a wand of Holly wood (ha ha Hollywood!) and then later discovered that the ancient Celts had assigned different trees for the different "months" of the year. Harry's birthday just so happened to fall into the holly month. So as far as other characters, their birthdays don't coincide except for Ron and Hermione. I love all this backstory stuff!

So I had to check it out for me and the rest of my family. My own wand would likely be made of Willow, as would (wood?) my mom's. Larry has a Hazel wand, B a Vine-wood wand like Hermione (is that possible, after all?), and J would get a Reed wand (would it be very strong?). I wonder if it really works out well for all ---not all of these seem to be trees worthy of wands.

Dec. 24th – Jan. 20th Birch (Beth)

Jan. 21st- Feb 17th Rowan (Luis)

Feb. 18th- Mar. 17th Ash (Nion)

Mar. 18th-Apr. 14th Alder (Fearn)

Apr. 15th- May 12th Willow (Saille)

May 13th-June 9th Hawthorn (Huath)

June 10th-July 7th Oak (Duir)

July 8th-Aug. 4th Holly (Tinne)

Aug. 5th-Sept. 1st Hazel (Coll)

Sept. 2nd-Sept 29th Vine (Muin)

Sept. 30-Oct. 27th Ivy (Gort)

Oct. 28th-Nov.24th Reed (Ngetal)

Nov. 25th-Dec. 23rd Elder (Ruis)

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • I took the quiz and I'm in Hufflepuff with you!

    Hufflepuff - 13
    Ravenclaw - 12
    Gryffindor - 10
    Slytherin - 7

    By Blogger Larry Adams, at Friday, July 27, 2007 7:27:00 AM  

  • It´s great to meet another Huff - the best house there is!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, July 27, 2007 3:17:00 PM  

  • I'm a Hufflepuff too!
    Hufflepuff - 14
    Ravenclaw - 13
    Gryffindor - 9
    Slytherin - 8

    I said I would cheat on the test! HOw could I?
    Aggies never lie, cheat or steal!
    I tried to be honest though.

    By Blogger Rachel M., at Wednesday, August 01, 2007 3:56:00 PM  

  • I had the kids take this teast and this is how they came out.

    J’s break down
    Slytherin - 13
    Gryffindor - 11
    Ravenclaw - 8
    Hufflepuff – 5
    Clever Cunning Determined


    B’s results
    Ravenclaw - 13
    Hufflepuff - 12
    Gryffindor - 11
    Slytherin – 8
    Intelligent Witty Capable

    How could I raise a Slytherin child? See what I mean? He's hard to raise. :-) Got his own ideas no matter what I keep on saying. His answers had a lot to do with revenge---he wants revenge (but vengence is mine, sayeth the Lord!).

    By Blogger jenny, at Wednesday, August 01, 2007 10:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home