slice of my life

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday's Feast, July 13th

Appetizer
What is your favorite fruit?
I like strawberries a lot! But they are not always in season, so dried cranberries have to get a mention (I usually buy Craisins brand).


Soup
Who is someone you consider as a great role model?
I think Bill Gates is a pretty good one. He started going with his passion at a very young age. He worked hard and made a business for himself. Now he's filthy rich, still working on new technology. But also admirable is the charity work he and his wife do with their money. I love that he's into innovative schools and helping people get healthy in remote parts of the world.

Also in this category is George Lucas---young passion, working hard, success. I am always pointing out George Lucas to J, who has creative vision and so much potential himself.


Salad
If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?
My first thought is Brenham, TX, and I have heard great things about the Ant Street Inn. Brenham is a small town in central Texas, and their biggest claim to fame is the Blue Bell Creameries. Blue Bell ice cream is having its 100th birthday this year. You can take a tour there. The town itself has antique shops and other small-town stores and festivals throughout the year.


Main Course
Name something you do too often.
Sit here at my computer, obviously! I started a MySpace page and have been goofing around with that late into the evening.


Dessert
Fill in the blank: I really like ___________ because ____________.
I really like Harry Potter books and movies because they are a complete fantasy and break from reality, and the characters are so good and I care about them! It is killing me that people are talking about Hermione being the character that gets killed off. I have it all planned out---Harry ends up defeating Voldemort, marrying Ginny, and then he's part of a warm loving family. Ron and Hermione end up together, too, and these guys can be fast friends forever. Just about any other character can die in the book 7, and I'll be okay. But not those 4!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home